Merc 150 ProXS delay ?

Ordered a 1980cc from dealer just before Christmas 2020. Per the dealer - boat is done, except no engine (ordered with Merc 150 proXS). Sounds like the chip shortage hitting the auto industry is hitting the marine engine industry.

Estimate upon order was boat should be done / ready early April - as of a week ago, middle May........

Anyone hearing anything different?

Really no reason to even write this post other than I am getting rather antsy - ice is off, water is warming, and pike are eating flies (as in big baitfish imitations).........1st world issue :)!

2. Member
    Ive been waiting on my 1980 since February. Ship date was supposed to be April 10th. Last time I talked to the dealer was April 21st and he said "the boat is showing built, however it states that its waiting for parts" He wasn't given any more information than that. My boat is ordered with a 150 pro xs as well. Sounds like I may have found the missing part. Bummer! I'm getting antsy as well! Sold my old boat a few weeks ago assuming Id have the new one by now. 1st world problems for sure!

3. Member
    I've been waiting for a 22 Fury prop for a couple of months now from Mercury. The factory put on a 23 Fury, but I ordered my 2080 with a 22.... Wonder if it's a Mercury issue in general.....
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

I want to repower my skiff this year so I called the dealer I bought my Vexus from in March and asked what kind of price and timeframe for a Merc or Yam or Zuk. When he called me back he said his supplier might be able to get me a Merc by August and gave me a price. When I asked about the Yam or Zuk he said his supplier wouldn’t even give him a quote until December. How true that is I don’t know but it is what I was told.

5. Member
    I still haven't heard any definite dates for shipping my boat from the factory..........as noted earlier, ordered 12/22/2020, ETA then was late March to dealer, available to me early April. Right now I'm hoping to have the boat mid-May........

Per dealer, boat is done, waiting on motor only......

That is awful being a mfr and finishing boats but cant get paid waiting on mercury.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    No kidding!

8. Member
    @Jordanfrombikes, have u heard anything new on your boat?? I have not other than last week dealer said nothing new.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliecoyote View Post
    @Jordanfrombikes, have u heard anything new on your boat?? I have not other than last week dealer said nothing new.
    Actually yes. Apparently they were in a shortage of seat foam.... according to the rep i talked to at the local sportsmans show my boat was never behind schedule due to a motor. I'm told it will be here next Wednesday! Woohoo!

10. Member
    I hate reading stuff like this. I ordered a VX 21Feb 4th, just was told they would start building it May 3rd and was hoping to get it by mid April at least....don't sound very promising with all the shortages of parts
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

11. Member
    @Jordanfrombikes - when did you order your boat? Thanks.

12. Member
    My boat was on order by the dealership and was built the exact way I wanted it so I put a deposit on it. As far as I know they placed the order in January.

13. Member
    Well, finally, I should have my 1980cc this Friday. I hope! SeaDek everywhere. All Garmin. I hope the almost 6 month wait is worth it.

14. Member
    That was a stupid post by me. Of course it'll be worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Swerve-n-Protect View Post
    I've been waiting for a 22 Fury prop for a couple of months now from Mercury. The factory put on a 23 Fury, but I ordered my 2080 with a 22.... Wonder if it's a Mercury issue in general.....
    I have a 21 Tempest on order..late Sept or Oct delivery date..
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I have a 21 Tempest on order..late Sept or Oct delivery date..
    Oh wow!!!!! mine will probably get pushed out til then as well...
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries