Thread: Suggestions???

Suggestions???

I got a 2016 20’ FX. The last few times I’ve been out the touch pad has randomly gone out. Most of time just for a few minutes then it will kick back on by itself. I’ve tightened the ground wire on the starting battery, check all the fuses and checked all the wiring slices, everything seems good. I hate to replace that touch pad unless I know for sure that’s the problem. Is it fairly common for the touch pad to go out? Any suggestions on something I’ve overlooked?

2. Member
    Besides checking the wiring to the touch pad for broken/loose connections not much else you can do then get a new one. You said you checked the ground wire but did you check the power wire also (tight/clean)? I would pull the fuse and make sure it is in the fuse holder tight and its not corroded as well.

3. Member
    Yes, I tightened the power side also. I’ll check that main fuse.

4. Member
    Sometimes doing a reboot with just cycling the power (pulling fuse) will work as a "reset". A lot of electrical gadgets work that way. Easy enough to try and you are going to check the fuse anyway.

5. Member
    Thanks for the help!

6. Member
    Mine did the same and found the 30 amp breaker was bad.
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yjhammer11 View Post
    Where can I get that breaker? I was thinking about replacing that breaker just because it sounds different than the trolling motor breaker when I flip them off and on. I can’t seem to duplicate pad problem in my shop, it seems it only happens when I’m on the water.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yjhammer11 View Post
    You were right, 30 amp leg breaker gone bad. Caused live well, bilge pumps, touch pad and power poles to all intermittently go out. Thanks!