Thread: H20B Anchor?

H20B Anchor?

Going to the coast this year with my H20b. Going to need a real anchor - a Fortress. Where do you put an anchor in an H20b?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbach View Post
    Going to the coast this year with my H20b. Going to need a real anchor - a Fortress. Where do you put an anchor in an H20b?
    I keep mine in the front storage area.

3. Member
    I have the livescope black box mounted up there and afraid an anchor might damage it

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbach View Post
    I have the livescope black box mounted up there and afraid an anchor might damage it
    That's really the only place unless you are using a mushroom anchor. That area is pretty big. Just make sure it is on the end of the storage farthest from the bow - depending on where you box is mounted - and it shouldn't move - mine doesn't.

5. Member
    I put my fluke type anchor between the step cooler (to the front deck) and the hotfoot on my 2020 X19. Placed some SeaDek on floor so it does not slide around. Anchor is under console when not in use so there is no tripping issue. It is a minor pain to get it from under console but I found no where else better. I mostly crappie/bass fish until summer so it does not get that much use most of year.

6. Member
    I have Fluke style anchor that I keep in right side storage at bow on my H20Bay. I use this anchor for sandy bottoms. I keep at 35lb kettle bell for rock bottoms or muddy bottoms deaper than 6 feet. I keep this anchor at bow in little holder I made for it on lower deck. I use stick it poles 9ft at bow and stern for 6 foot of water or less. I fish 95% inshore. Good luck with what ever solution you go with.