Ionic Starting Battery ?

Is there anyone using an Ionic cranking battery who has the Ionic app on their smartphone? I am wanting to know what the current flow is from the outboard motor to the battery immediately after the motor is started and charging the battery. Also, the state of charge when the current is being seen on the app. And the model and brand of motor. And the size of the battery please.

Thanks in advance.

I have the Ionic 125 amp starting battery (and 3 50 amp for trolling motor). I have only been out twice with them.
    I have a 2003 140HP Johnson (Suzuki) 4 stroke and a 2003 9.9HP Johnson (Suzuki) 4 stroke as a kicker.
    Pulled the battery down to 93% (using livescope) and the 140HP was putting in 29 amps. Ran the 9.9HP to see what it would do and it was putting in .3 amps at an idle (850 rpm) and I think it was about 3 amps at full throttle (2000 rpm is all it will do on my boat with a sail boat prop).

3. Member
    Pretty impressive that Johnson putting out 29 amps.

What is livescope?

Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    Pretty impressive that Johnson putting out 29 amps.

What is livescope?

Thanks for the information.
    Livescope is one of the new live sonars on the market. What we have been using for about the last 40 or so years is considered as history as we generally move the boat and see it on the screen. Live sonar is shown on the screen in real time (so to speak) stationary or moving, and you can see the fish come to your lure, structure, etc.. Some have called it video game fishing.
    Garmin has livescope, Lowrance has active target, and Huminbird is supposed to release their version soon.

5. Member
    Follow up question.

Did you ever see the battery go into standby mode before it was completely charged? In which case the red over current light would illuminate.

6. Member
    Typical charge limits are 1C. For that battery that would be 125 Amps. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    Follow up question.

Did you ever see the battery go into standby mode before it was completely charged? In which case the red over current light would illuminate.
    the over current is usually from high voltage, it will through a code and put in standby, but not the case on a 125ah just the small batteries
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    the over current is usually from high voltage, it will through a code and put in standby, but not the case on a 125ah just the small batteries
    Trying to correlate what my smaller battery does with what bigger batteries that I don't have might do.

9. Member
    Depends on SOC but I have the Ionic 125 starting and have seen around 50 amps +/- from my 200 Verado. No cut out like I had with another brand battery that was not up to the task.
    2018 Ranger 1880 MS
    200 Verado L4
    Solix 12 SI G1
    XNT 14 HWT dual spectrum 2D on Y cable
    Ulterra 112 Ipilot Link
    AS GPS HS
    Ionic lithium batteries 3)100 1)125 installed 6/20
    MK460PC on board charger
    Stealth 1 DC lithium so-so about 6 amps per battery

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    IM headed to a multiday tournament the end of the week I will get some fresh screen shots from my SHO
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com