Question about buying new batteries,,..

I know this sounds dumb but wondering if I should buy new batteries now when boat is in storage or wait til I’m about to go fishing again maybe next year,,,,???...won’t harm anything if it doesn’t have batteries does it?

If you mean next year 2022, then I would wait. I never heard a reason not having batteries would hurt anything. You want the newest you can get. Batteries should have a date of manufacture on them. Buy the newest ones on the shelf. Usually they put the newest behind the oldest to cycle them old to new. I wouldn't buy any that have been there more than 5 or 6 months, but if you go somewhere they sell a lot, they will probably only be a month old.

3. Member
    don'y buy new until ready to use the boat. sitting without batteries hurts nothing.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    don'y buy new until ready to use the boat. sitting without batteries hurts nothing.
    ^this^

5. Member
    Thanks ya’ll...I’ll wait til I get the heads up to go fishing,,,