Thread: .......

So let's assume I ordered my boat in December 2020....say the 8th.

From a dealership that I can guarantee might sell two Basscats per year, does that mean I would get less of a bump up on build date or more of a bump up?
    Hard to tell without a lawyer present to help me dissect the last post by BCB explaining the system they have...

Keeping in mind that I traded in my $35,000 boat at the time. So not only have I (we, being anyone that ordered last year), been waiting 18 weeks for our new rigs (with no sign of delivery, let alone a build start date), but we have also been without any boat at all, assuming lots have traded in their old rigs.

I should have found a brand new dealership....

2. Member
    So what does the the dealership say when you ask them the status of the boat? How the heck did you trade in a boat for a boat that you only ordered? That should have been a down payment to order, and final payment on delivery.

If the dealerships the NY dealer, then they do sell more than 2 a year. Every company has a system, and ours does not cater to dealership size. They do have benefits by being larger though most systems are built around larger dealerships. There is a lot more to the prioritizing on models and dealers orders than the simple explanation.

Most consumers don’t trade until the receipt of new product much similar to a vehicle order. Each has its own situation and that’s entirely up to you. Again, new dealers do not receive priority on sold units.

In the present market some brands of bass boats are outselling more in a 3 month period than those same brands sell in 6-8 months. There is no good way to prioritize those situations and keep all these consumers feeling comfort as everyone wants the priority.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayLaw View Post
    So what does the the dealership say when you ask them the status of the boat? How the heck did you trade in a boat for a boat that you only ordered? That should have been a down payment to order, and final payment on delivery.

Right. It was used as a down payment

5. Member
    i would have kept my boat until new one was delivered?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

It's got to be getting close. Assuming the dealer put the order in right away.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    I was told I get my serial number at the end of April.

Take it from there

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    I was told I get my serial number at the end of April.

Take it from there

The serial numbers and final rigging of out boards go so fast that if you do indeed get them the boat will probably only be days away I would think. Mine showed up at the dealer unexpectedly and I had to wait a few days to get the loan in place for it because I didn't have numbers in advance.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

9. Member
    Right on Louie.