Anchor light plug/RMP power pole light hot all the time

I have a RMP power pole anchor light on my Skeeter FXR21. I replaced it with a new one because my old one was getting really dim. So now the new RMP light works but it is on all the time when I press my power button on the console. It doesn’t matter if my NAV/anchor light switch is on or not, the light is always on. My anchor light plug is also now always hot whether or not NAV/anchor light is on or not. My Red/green NAV lights on the front only come on if I press the NAV/anchor switch.

I pressed the circuit breaker switch several times with no change. Only other thing I can think of is if I accidentally didn’t turn off the perko switch when I installed the new one and that affected something? Any thoughts?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Do you have a bow switch that is set to anchor?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Do you have a bow switch that is set to anchor?
    ^^^ Almost guarantee this is it. Speaking from experience. My trolling motor cable hit the switch and I didn't notice.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

4. Member
    It’s working fine now? I checked the front switch and it wasn’t on shining red like it usually is if it’s switched on. But it hit it on and off a few times and the console switch a few times and it started working right. I’m thinking maybe my cover hit it just enough to keep it on but not turn the light red. Thankful it’s working now!