Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdong View Post
    this is exactly right.
    What we need is to be able to get back to everyone having their chance to voice their opinion without the "negative" posters making it difficult to express your opinion and to have good discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    What we need is to be able to get back to everyone having their chance to voice their opinion without the "negative" posters making it difficult to express your opinion and to have good discussions.
    Do you mean those with a conservative point of view?
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

No, obviously someone that has a different opinion that you don't agree with or makes you think, etc., doesn't make them a pot stirrer. It's usually pretty obvious when someone's just constantly coming into threads to "stir the pot" for no good reason.
    I can live with that... I'm sure you have a mental list of pot stirrers... Get 'em gone. Why wait? Let's make a list? Vote 'em off.... You see what I'm saying?? In my opinion I could name a few but there would be others that appreciate their opinions... When the "pot stirrers" step in, just step out and let 'em show themselves for what they are.... Ignoring them works well.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by all4s View Post
    I am so happy this discussion is being had. I have been thinking lately that the lounge is a place not even worth coming to anymore. I can’t stand all the hate, and “who cares” comments, and intentional trolling. It takes away from the enjoyment.

5. Member
    Appreciate the site, have never felt compelled to bash. My post count reveals this.
    now I will. Al’s site, his rules rule. Carry on with a little grace people.

6. Member
    Ok, I'll first respond to the "Al is making big money off our clicks". We have had the exact same ad rates for over 14 years! I don't make any money at all from clicks as you call it.
    The only revenue from the BBC Boards is from the advertisers and as I've said, the rates have never been raised in 14 years.....what other company does that?
    it doesn't take a MSA digital analytics graduate degree to understand if you're still offering the same rates for 14 years you're failing your advertisers. In my limited time here I haven't noticed much of any brand building, positive sponsorship awareness, customer to business connection is cloudy at best, differentiation of services/products etc and blah blah but more my point-
    what is an important part of marketing is a place like "the lounge" for businesses to take on the "corporate citizen role" to engage goodwill and positive associations for their brands. ZERO of which I have seen here. Why does that matter here?
    I'll assume the only revenue increase has been driven by the organic volume of the site, which if I understood what you wrote correctly, is mostly due from The Lounge and that imo is the problem here, not some troublemakers spewing off rather the site only offering advertisers a ROI from 2006.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizler62 View Post
    it doesn't take a MSA digital analytics graduate degree to understand if you're still offering the same rates for 14 years you're failing your advertisers. In my limited time here I haven't noticed much of any brand building, positive sponsorship awareness, customer to business connection is cloudy at best, differentiation of services/products etc and blah blah but more my point-
    what is an important part of marketing is a place like "the lounge" for businesses to take on the "corporate citizen role" to engage goodwill and positive associations for their brands. ZERO of which I have seen here. Why does that matter here?
    I'll assume the only revenue increase has been driven by the organic volume of the site, which if I understood what you wrote correctly, is mostly due from The Lounge and that imo is the problem here, not some troublemakers spewing off rather the site only offering advertisers a ROI from 2006.
    To be fair, why don’t you post all your business information so that we can criticize it for you.

8. Member
    In my opinion there are definitely some sensitive issues brought up all the time like as an example shootings of police officers etc. I'n my opinion it shouldn't be allowed because it always tour into something bad because a few can't seem to keep things peaceful & respectful so it shouldn't be allowed. There are many thing including politics that shouldn't be allowed & if I were Al i'd lock them down too & a if banning was needed they would get it. Most times members get 3 chances so where else does that happen? I honestly think Al could stand to be harder about locking some threads & banning when needed because there are a bunch of shit stirrers on here that can't stand to not do that crap. This is suppose to be a bass boat & fishing site that we have 100% free use of not someplace to spew off about everything unrelated to fishing. I think Al does & great job & the mods do too with all the forums to moderate & all the unrelated crap that gets posted on a bass fishing & boating site.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I've been here 15 years. I was here when we were counting down to the 1 millionth post and I believe I actually made it, but there is no way to tell. I've made a ton of good friends because of this board.

Has the board changed, sure but so has the world. Is it still a great place? I'm here everyday.

I used to get involved the political stuff, but I wouldn't today even if it was allowed.

The BCC is a great source of information. It is also just a small slice of the internet. There are other places to discuss other topics.

I'm just waiting for someone to open the bar.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I joined this forum around 17 years ago because I wanted to ask questions about a boat that my dad was interested in buying. Got my information that I was looking for and then stuck around. Since that time, I have been involved in other forums, other boating forums, archery, mountain biking, duck hunting, golfing, 4 wheeling, bbqing etc. I've looked at forums for every single one of my interests. In the 17 years that I have belonged to this site, this is the only forum that I continue to look at and read every single day. The reason why is because Al and the moderators try to keep a lot of the drama and B.S. out of it. I will read the other forums from time to time, but then I just get tired of the crap and hate that gets spewed on them and will stop reading them for months or even years at a time. The last couple years, there does seem to be more and more people that get on here just to start arguments and drama and it gets old. Personally, I think Al and the moderators try to keep a lot of it under control, but as always some is going to get through. I come on here to get a break from work and stress and stuff. I don't want to get on here and get angry because of people wanting to argue over B.S. If you don't want to get "censored" go to some other site that lets you spew whatever crap you want. This is a family friendly site, don't like that, go somewhere else. Al has the ability and the responsibility to give this site the atmosphere that he feels appropriate.
    Couldn't agree more. I think Al does a great job. If it was my site there would be more threads closed which in turn would lead to mere bans too.

11. Member
    All I can say is I have enjoyed this site immensley. It has saved me some money and helped me learn a few things the easy way rather than the hard way. Thanks Al
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

12. Banned
    I enjoy the lounge. Some of yall crack me the hell up. When yall stir the pot (in the good way) towards the ones that stir the pot (in the bad way), it makes for a good read while on the crapper or down time at work. Keep at it Al, its a tough job, but someones got to do it.

13. Member
    Al, I found this site when I bought my first bass boat. Lots of helpful info here. You do a great job and I'm thankful for a site like this. I've checked out other sites but never went back. I know it's hard ... (don't let the blow tards bring you down)... keep up the good work. I believe the majority of the members are with you. This is your baby ...no politics/conspiracy theories allowed...can't get any simpler than that. Thanks for all you do here!!!

14. Member
    I have a personal rule I try my best to follow, when around people don't talk politics or religion, simple but effective. Thanks Al for BBC.

15. Member
    It's a free country right? So anyone that doesn't like how Al runs his site can go start their own. BBC is one of a kind. And its because Al tries to keep it clean and family friendly.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipNfrog View Post
    It's a free country right? So anyone that doesn't like how Al runs his site can go start their own. BBC is one of a kind. And its because Al tries to keep it clean and family friendly.
    It is the internet if you cant cope with it get offline and go to your safe place.

AMEN!

Too many people take this stuff way to personal and feel the need to attack someone for having an opposing opinion these days

I like a good debate but once it gets nasty I’m out
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJoe View Post
    I can live with that... I'm sure you have a mental list of pot stirrers... Get 'em gone. Why wait? Let's make a list? Vote 'em off.... You see what I'm saying?? In my opinion I could name a few but there would be others that appreciate their opinions... When the "pot stirrers" step in, just step out and let 'em show themselves for what they are.... Ignoring them works well.
    And that's the plan starting today. If I let the negative, the ignorant and the pot stirrers wreck the Lounge (doesn't happen in 100 other forums), then they've won and that is NOT going to happen!
    It's a new day guys, stay tuned!

19. Member
    And that's the plan starting today. If I let the negative, the ignorant and the pot stirrers wreck the Lounge (doesn't happen in 100 other forums), then they've won and that is NOT going to happen!
    It's a new day guys, stay tuned!
    I've made a mental list of the dirty dozen that I think will be gone by the end of the day.
    John the Garage Doorman

This is just my opinion and I hope it isn't taken to be political. I joined this site in Nov. 2013 when I was researching aluminum boats. In 2016 Al allowed political post during the presidential election as long as the discussion was civil and pertinent. If the thread became personal then Al would close it down. I always thought it was generous of Al to allow this during the election. After the election it seems several members took on the personality of our former president and belligerence and confrontation became the new norm. The funny part to me was it was both the right and the left were acting "trump" like. Unfortunately this new attitude carried over into the "Tin Boats" forum. It got to the point that neither room were enjoyable anymore. However, unlike some, I do think it has been better this past year. But we still have a ways to go. Growing up my father was a conservative, pro-management republican. My mom had twin brothers that were liberal, pro union democrats. Discussions at family get togethers in the 60's and 70's were quite interesting to say the least. Two things I learned though, first one could never convince the other to change their mind. Second, while these adults strongly disagreed on topics, they respected each other and never let politics interfere with family. I hope the participants in the lounge can learn to always respect each other.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast