Walloon or Bellaire

Planning a trip up late June and trying to decide between lakes. Any incite will be greatly appreciated. This will be family trip so it will be a mixture of swimming, boating, and fishing. My kids are younger so pan fishing will be primary but I plan on doing some bass fishing as well. Walloon looks like a great lake but didn't know the make up as far as pan fishing. Bellaire seems to be more of a weed based lake but significantly smaller. I'm sure both are good but wanted to get some advice. There are a ton of lakes around both so maybe moving around for different species would work as well.
    Thanks,

2. Member
    Tough one, as it's kind of a flip of the coin. If the deal breaker is pan fish, Bellaire is the choice. Walloon doesn't have as many bluegill as Bellaire does. Walloon does have lots of perch, but those tend to be a little harder to catch for kids.

Overall, again is kind of a tough one. Walloon truly is one of the most beautiful lakes you will see, the water quality is unreal and Petoskey is a great draw for the wife and kids. Bellaire doesn't suck either.... The fun thing about Bellaire is all the connected lakes that you can boat to and Torch is equally as beautiful as Walloon.

IF I had to choose I would choose Walloon, but the only reason is I enjoy fishing it more than Bellaire.

If I can’t fish Glenn then I would choose walloon.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

Walloon is the better choice. More family things to do there. There is a nice playground for the kids. Couple different small beaches they can swim from. Ice Cream in town at the local carry out. Extreme north end for some pan fish, and also the west end of the lake. Beautiful water and lot more lake for the boat ride. Bellaire is nice too for fishing, but not much else for the kids. Tons of rock bass to keep the kids busy at either one. Good luck. I'll be there in June too.

so many lakes up there, hit google earth and check them out