Banned

Update and Perspective working but need help

I updated to the latest and greatest and now have perspective view and ghost tree reject (ghost tree never much of an issue) I also removed transducer from a pole mount and went directly to the TM shaft. First drop in forward view I could pick up a crappie jig. Switch to perspective and it does work but can't see much or not clearly. I messed with settings but couldn’t find what worked. Any suggestions? Settings?
    I have the Garmin Perspective mount and keep hearing about a zero degree mount. Is that due to the slight bend in the L shaped arm and can you just bend it or something else I can add to it? I did a search and didn't find much any help much appreciated! Thanks

I suggest use it another day before bending anything and just try to envision how it is working, it has a 18* window to detect bottom, fish, structure and lures so the window where you see each thing changes, bottom will have to be the farthest away and the higher up from the bottom the closer to the transducer.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I'm sure you know this but I didn't. With the TM mount you simply set the dial to down scope or front scope and those two functions work. When you set the dial to perspective mode you have to pivot the entire L arm also.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ummelj1 View Post
    I'm sure you know this but I didn't. With the TM mount you simply set the dial to down scope or front scope and those two functions work. When you set the dial to perspective mode you have to pivot the entire L arm also.
    I did do that but Thanks! I have it set to auto orientate which it does quickly.

5. Member
    Is your troller level on the water with you on the bow?

The shallower the better, 10’ to 15’ is ok, 10’ or less is best.

I liked Amber, but I’m liking Copper and the new palette Aqua better. Seems like that their a little softer and I can run my gain 70 to 75 with crisper images.

Don’t get fixated on one setting.

Conditions are always changing. Need to adjust accordingly and constantly.

Just an opinion from my limited experience and use of Garmins.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    Is your troller level on the water with you on the bow?

The shallower the better, 10’ to 15’ is ok, 10’ or less is best.
    Pretty level and are you talking transducer under the water 10 to 15 inches? Not sure what 10' 15' means feet in front of you?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Pretty level and are you talking transducer under the water 10 to 15 inches? Not sure what 10' 15' means feet in front of you?
    Sorry, little lacking in my information . 10’ to 15’ depth is good. 10’ and shallower in depth is excellent. I think the clips I have posted here are looking forward 35’. 30’ to 50’ looking forward is a good place to start. Again that will depend on your bottom makeup of the area that you are fishing.