Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Is he an atheist?
    That is a good question brother, and I am STILL waiting for a reply to my question, which I asked rexico in post #30 why don't you tell us how you feel about GOD?
    Though, by the multitude of times he has brought up the abuse by priests, I am starting to wonder if he is a sexual abuse victim. It is a challenge in offering help to someone that does not clearly disclose how we could provide some type of support, apart of prayer for him.
    Last edited by digthemup; 04-21-2021 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    God doesn't rank sin...sin is sin. Actual sin can be of a mortal nature or venial. Mortal...you fall away from the graces of God. Venial...lesser sin but still detrimental to one's soul.
    Drifter,
    Isn’t that ranking sin? How can one be a lesser sin if there is no rank?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS723 View Post
    Drifter,
    Isn’t that ranking sin? How can one be a lesser sin if there is no rank?

Thank you so much for this post................................

I am not saying drifter is wrong or right................But I am saying , thank you for "THINKING"

It made me smile from ear to ear
    Last edited by godsdozer; 04-22-2021 at 01:02 AM.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    PMantle,
    What rexico doesn't want to admit that there is a way and a reason to ask questions, which certain ways would insult people and other ways would show earnest desire to learn.

So, if you ask a fisherman, that catch and releasing is foolish and wasteful, since he is using resources without any benefits, yet he think that releasing the fish is a good for the fisheries and a caring loving act.
    Yea, that fisherman may get pi$$ed off at your questioning. So, if you don't like catch and release method of fishing, don't insult those that do and their methods.
    Trying to get at the truth. Trying to figure when to suspend logic and reason that is needed for everyday affairs. Who could be a better mentor that the folks here on the forum. A good teacher loves inquiry. I will be one step further along when someone explains why God watches evil that he could stop. Also the only other time child abuse has come up, was when I inquired why God killed all the people and animals in a city except for the virgin girls. Ask your pastor how to respond to these questions maybe he could help us both.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Trying to get at the truth. Trying to figure when to suspend logic and reason that is needed for everyday affairs. Who could be a better mentor that the folks here on the forum. A good teacher loves inquiry. I will be one step further along when someone explains why God watches evil that he could stop. Also the only other time child abuse has come up, was when I inquired why God killed all the people and animals in a city except for the virgin girls. Ask your pastor how to respond to these questions maybe he could help us both.
    Rexico,
    There is so much in your question that it would take me an hour to break down and explain in great detail, but I will attempt to answer in a very shortened statement. The foundation of the abible is built upon 2 things that is made clear in the very beginning. 1. God is creator, good, just, and full of grace. 2. Man is sinful, wicked, and has the desire to be like God. We tend to ask questions with our debased minds such as, “How can a loving God send people to hell?” Or in this case, “How can a loving God allow terrible things to happen?” The Bible ask the opposite, “How can a just and righteous God allow sinners into heaven?” The world is a wicked place full of wicked people, including me and you. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions made us alive together in Christ.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    It is kinda sad that instead of answering a simple question that has been asked by many to you, continuously, you regurgitate the same odious rhetoric.

Is it so challenging for you to tell this forum where you stand personally with GOD?
    Why don't you tell us your feeling about GOD?
    You think that you are exposing GOD for doing evil, yet , you are hiding in your little dark corner being a pretender of good.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Is he an atheist?
    No ......I think an atheist has good evidence there is no God. I don't see any evidence of that God doesn't exist.

8. Banned
    It is kinda sad that instead of answering a simple question that has been asked by many to you, continuously, you regurgitate the same odious rhetoric.

Is it so challenging for you to tell this forum where you stand personally with GOD?
    You think that you are exposing GOD for doing evil, yet , you are hiding in your little dark corner being a pretender of good.
    I read in the bible, that God slaughtered lots of people, except the virgin girls. Gives instruction for owning, and beating slaves. requires that you burn animals. I am hoping to get someone to shed some light on these things. So far I have gotten close up, swell up, and insults. Don't you have some questions about these things too?

9. Member
    rexico,
    I have a couple of questions which you are intentionally avoiding to answer:

Very simple questions that even a sunday school child can answer.

10. Banned
    rexico,
    I have a couple of questions which you are intentionally avoiding to answer:

Very simple questions that even a sunday school child can answer.
    The answer is I don't know... I'm working on that. Proof, evidence, examples........ extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Your example is showing me the way to what is true.

11. Member
    No one is asking for a dissertation or a thesis on GOD, but very simply:
    What are your feelings about GOD?
    Where do you stand personally with GOD?

Think of what I said that these are simple questions anyone can answer, especially if you truly are 70+yrs old

12. Member
    1. The Lord is sovereign, and He created man in His image, then gave him free will.
    2. After The Fall, man became sinful by nature. Things happen that we don't understand, but rest assured He has a plan.
    3. We each are responsible only for our own actions., and we will be judged by our actions.
    4. I do believe Pastors, Priests and others of the clothe are held to higher standards, and thus will be punished more severely for their transgressions.
    5. God is all knowing, and we know minimally. One day we may know more. Until then may I suggest in a humble manner, we pray.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PTR52 View Post
    1. The Lord is sovereign, and He created man in His image, then gave him free will.
    2. After The Fall, man became sinful by nature. Things happen that we don't understand, but rest assured He has a plan.
    3. We each are responsible only for our own actions., and we will be judged by our actions.
    4. I do believe Pastors, Priests and others of the clothe are held to higher standards, and thus will be punished more severely for their transgressions.
    5. God is all knowing, and we know minimally. One day we may know more. Until then may I suggest in a humble manner, we pray.
    Cephas,
    Thank you for the excellent points.

14. Member
    Revelation 18 speaks of what will happen to these ones who say they represent the almighty God but by their works they disown him. PTR52 is right and Rev 18:24 shows the extent of Gods view of their responsibility.
    Satan challenged God's right to rule or his Sovereignty in the garden of Eden, The Almighty in effect handed him the keys and said you rule. And is effect gives us the mess we are in now. Eph 2:2, JOH 12:31, JOHN 16:11,
    When satan took him to a high place and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and said he would give Jesus these for one act of worship, Jesus did not say they were not his to give and it would not have been a test
    if they weren't.
    Soon God almighty and Jesus will take back rulership of the earth just like they did when Jesus kicked satan out of heaven and confined him to the earth. Rev 12:7-12 and Rev 8:13 Rev 14:19,20. And fix all of these injustices
    that we are seeing and living through today. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Revelation 18 speaks of what will happen to these ones who say they represent the almighty God but by their works they disown him. PTR52 is right and Rev 18:24 shows the extent of Gods view of their responsibility.
    Satan challenged God's right to rule or his Sovereignty in the garden of Eden, The Almighty in effect handed him the keys and said you rule. And is effect gives us the mess we are in now. Eph 2:2, JOH 12:31, JOHN 16:11,
    When satan took him to a high place and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and said he would give Jesus these for one act of worship, Jesus did not say they were not his to give and it would not have been a test
    if they weren't.
    Soon God almighty and Jesus will take back rulership of the earth just like they did when Jesus kicked satan out of heaven and confined him to the earth. Rev 12:7-12 and Rev 8:13 Rev 14:19,20. And fix all of these injustices
    that we are seeing and living through today. CJ

Good evening.

How do you interpret Revelation 1 as follows ?

Prologue

1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
    Greetings and Doxology

4 John,
    To the seven churches in the province of Asia:
    Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

16. Member
    Been awhile since I looked at this, sorry. Your highlighted words pretty much say it all and I believe we are going to see it soon in our lifetime.
    What is 4 John?
    Thanks CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Been awhile since I looked at this, sorry. Your highlighted words pretty much say it all and I believe we are going to see it soon in our lifetime.
    What is 4 John?
    Thanks CJ

Hi CJ, sorry about the copy and paste I did, it doesn't always turn out good. LOL

The number 4 represents the 4th verse in Chapter 1 of Revelation.

I highlighted some of the 4th verse because the book of Revelation was written to living human beings 2000 years ago . The recipients of this letter were the 7 churches in the province of Asia. In other words it was not written to us.

I asked how you interpret this for several reasons. Since the book of Revelation was not addressed to us, but rather several church's 2000 years ago ........................

1. What do you think the original audience / recipients of this letter thought was going to occur "soon" ? Something ?, Nothing ?

2. What do you think the original audience / recipients of this letter thought when they read "the time is near" ?

3. If our bible is inspired and without error, and if God did not intend to convey a nearness, or soon timing of the things in the book of Revelation why did he use those words instead of something that could convey 2000 years and counting ?

4. The Greek words for "soon" and "near" are used hundreds of time in the new testament..................none of the usages of those two words ever convey thousands of years.

I was just curious of how you explain your interpretation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123