Skeeterzx190

Megabass levantee

Has anyone used or heard feedback or reviews on new 2021 megabass Levante? I’m thinking of buying the whipsnake for dsr

2. Member
    I like mine.. got the jerkbait special and a shakeyhead
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

3. Member
    I bought the EMTF and like it. Only complaint is the location of the hook keeper. It's on the back side of the handle. I almost got a hand full of treble hook the first time I reached for it. I recommend a Fuji hook keeper.

Levante Whipsnake is an excellent drop shot rod. A lot of guys throw jerk baits, small cranks, ned rigs, neko rigs, and a host of other finesse spinning tactics.

5. Member
    I picked up the Enforcer to throw my tubes and shakey heads on. I like it, but I don’t love it. The build quality is amazing. They are just beautiful rods, but I’m not blown away by the performance for the price.

6. Member
    I have the Diablo Spec R and Tour Versatile. I've been really enjoying them both, I will say I prefer my Orochi XX rods. I'm going to finish the season with them and see how I feel with a few months of work into them.

I have access to all Megabass rod series and I use a lot of the Levantes. I keep a bunch in the boat and use them every trip.out. i am a big fan of them. The Perfect Pitch and Diablo Spec R are two of my favorite models.

8. Member
    Suppose I wanted to throw crank baits in the 3/8-1/2 oz range... which Levante model would you recommend? ( apologies for the high jack)
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mingo72 View Post
    Suppose I wanted to throw crank baits in the 3/8-1/2 oz range... which Levante model would you recommend? ( apologies for the high jack)

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I have access to all Megabass rod series and I use a lot of the Levantes. I keep a bunch in the boat and use them every trip.out. i am a big fan of them. The Perfect Pitch and Diablo Spec R are two of my favorite models.
    Mark, is there a Levante casting rod you would recommend for shaky heads 1/8-3/16 oz?
    Last edited by FryDog62; 04-23-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FryDog62 View Post
    Mark, is there a Levante casting rod you would recommend for shaky heads 1/8-3/16 oz?
    Not Mark,, but they make a spinning rod for shaky heads,, its even named "Shakyhead"

Levante Spinning Rod 7' Shakyhead

Show Information
    Taper Line Wt. Lure Wt. Guides Handle Type Handle Length Stock Price Qty
    Fast 5-16lb 1/8-1/2oz 8+Tip Levante 20 Spin B 14-1/2" May. 30 $199.00

12. Member
    3 wrist surgeries render me a baitcasting guy only, wish they made that rod in a casting edition too...
    Last edited by FryDog62; 04-26-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FryDog62 View Post

Since you need a casting rod perhaps the Jerkbait Special can fit your needs.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Since you need a casting rod perhaps the Jerkbait Special can fit your needs.
    Thx, will check out...

15. Member
    I bought the flat side and it’s done very well so far. I’ve caught about 10 fish on it and haven’t lost one yet. Parabolic action is really nice on this rod.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mingo72 View Post
    i just bought the flat side and so far I’ve been very impressed with it. I’ve caught about 10 bass and haven’t lost one yet. I mainly throw 1/2 oz Spro square bills on it. The parabolic action is really good. I hope this help.

Quote Originally Posted by walleyecrazy View Post
    I picked up the Enforcer to throw my tubes and shakey heads on. I like it, but I don’t love it. The build quality is amazing. They are just beautiful rods, but I’m not blown away by the performance for the price.
    This would be my sentiment as well.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,