Thread: Lowrance 360?

Lowrance 360?

I’m jonesing pretty bad for the humminbird 360 but have all lowrance units. I hate to spend the money to get a Bird unit and transducer and lowrance come out with a 360 a couple months later.

Has anyone heard or know of lowrance plans to release a similar product?

... and no I’m not interested in the spotlight scan
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    I'm in the same boat

3. Member
    I doubt it very much. Remember that the 360 is a snapshot in time as the transducer turns. What appears on the screen is history and not real time. Brush piles don't move but fish do. So any fish located by 360 won't be relocated until the next sweep. They really are for two different purposes. You can do your own sweeps with AT or Livescope and see the same thing 360 does, but it is a constant update, not an update per revolution.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I doubt it very much. Remember that the 360 is a snapshot in time as the transducer turns. What appears on the screen is history and not real time. Brush piles don't move but fish do. So any fish located by 360 won't be relocated until the next sweep. They really are for two different purposes. You can do your own sweeps with AT or Livescope and see the same thing 360 does, but it is a constant update, not an update per revolution.
    which is why i want the 360 instead of one of the “lives”. I fish Santee Cooper year round so i fish relatively shallow year round. I like the idea of constantly being able to know where stumps, brush, etc is around me without having to sweep the trolling motor. The 360 gives me the advantage of being able to go across a flat and see stuff all around me while staying on the trolling motor going forward.

360 and live are two different tools with a little overlap but mostly for two different jobs.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Its out now!

6. Member
    Lowrance really pulled a fast one this time. Provided you already have a Ghost TM and a Carbon, Elite FS, or HDS Live unit on your bow, you only need a free software download. RMP already has some early You Tube videos on it. Way to go Lowrance. No need to mix and match any more to get every TM/depth finder/map feature known to man.

7. BBC SPONSOR

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Lowrance really pulled a fast one this time. Provided you already have a Ghost TM and a Carbon, Elite FS, or HDS Live unit on your bow, you only need a free software download. RMP already has some early You Tube videos on it. Way to go Lowrance. No need to mix and match any more to get every TM/depth finder/map feature known to man.
    Not really... it sweeps side scan back and forth but takes away spot lock. Not sure that's going to work if the boat drifts as well. Granted, it's free software if someone already has the equipment. Would be interesting to see a regular user posting a video instead of dealers pushing sales. We will see soon enough.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOWILLIAMS View Post
    Not really... it sweeps side scan back and forth but takes away spot lock. Not sure that's going to work if the boat drifts as well. Granted, it's free software if someone already has the equipment. Would be interesting to see a regular user posting a video instead of dealers pushing sales. We will see soon enough.
    HB 360 is just as effected by drifting and waves as Ghost 360 is. When moving quickly with HB360 the image will also blur. Remember, this technology is still sidescan technology and not LIVE sonar. It requires updated information to be presented at each sweep,

10. Member
    Is this for real! How do you control the boat if the motor is sweeping back and forth? I doubt the sweeps can be fast enough to be even close to live action or a constantly spinning transducer. Like you say its a free upgrade if you have all the pieces. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

11. Member
    Sounds pretty close to useless to me !

12. Member
    Everybody fishes differently. My scenario, Clear Lake is full of rock piles that hold fish. Some are community spots, some are marked, most are not. Pull into a likely looking area, do a couple sweeps and locate the rocks. Set a waypoint, position the boat, hit Anchor Lock and start fishing. I don’t see all the negativity being productive. If it won’t work for you or you haven’t thought it through enough to make a judgement, maybe sit this discussion out. Comparing Ghost 360 to SpotlightScan is completely unfair.
    And yes, I did purchase an AI 3in1 today! I think it will be better suited for CA fishing than AT in my case.
    NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Why so much negative comments.....they found a way to give some additional free features , I don't get it.
    Boatless

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Everybody fishes differently. My scenario, Clear Lake is full of rock piles that hold fish. Some are community spots, some are marked, most are not. Pull into a likely looking area, do a couple sweeps and locate the rocks. Set a waypoint, position the boat, hit Anchor Lock and start fishing. I don’t see all the negativity being productive. If it won’t work for you or you haven’t thought it through enough to make a judgement, maybe sit this discussion out. Comparing Ghost 360 to SpotlightScan is completely unfair.
    And yes, I did purchase an AI 3in1 today! I think it will be better suited for CA fishing than AT in my case.
    NoCAL
    This reasoning is exactly why I ordered the 3 in 1 nose cone. My active target will do the heavy lifting but it’ll be nice every now and then to see the bottom clearly. I’m excited that I don’t have to put a 3rd graph on the bow.
    2021 Triton 20 TRX Patriot w/ 250 ProXS
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow
    Ghost, Active Target, Atlas Hydraulic, and 8’ Blades

it works, this is a structure type application. To me the HB 360 is nice but its still limited to sweeps and updated info on the creen. great for stucture and with a anchor type TM its good. However the Lowrance 360 does not allow you to use the anchor mode as its head will sweep, not fast and noisy , just smooth sweeps and images are great. i use it so far to see the structure and then anchor to fish and i use Live target alot after that. its a free upgrade for most guys. is it the greatest ----no ----but it will work very well and has a place in fishing
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

its really good images and works very well
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

17. Member
    Anyone try split screen with 360 and active target to see if you can see a good image on active target while the Ghost sweeps for the 360 image?

18. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I'm frozen in so I can't get out and give it a shot. AT is fine on spot lock as long as your fishing up wind, this is especially true when shallower and in Scout. I don't know how fast the head spins on "scan" which would determine if AT does you any good while scanning.