Moving to Okeechobee; looking for Bass Clubs

Wife is making it possible to fulfill what many bass fisherman dream of.....making the jump to living in our motorhome in Okeechobee (Silver Palms RV Resort) year round. Will be moving within 4 to 8 weeks. I am one LUCKY man to have a wife that is not only willing but anxious to go along with my dream! Looking to join a club in the area. Will be a non boater until my new Falcon is finished (after all, gotta have a new boat!) then once I know my way around the lake, a boater. Any info on clubs in the area would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows of a good guide I would like to see about booking 1 or two days not only to fish but, to learn the lake so I don't get myself in trouble or lost when I begin to explore! Thanks!
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

2. Member
    Beeline Bass Busters. One of the oldest fishing clubs in Florida. Great people and top notch fishermen.

3. Member
    [QUOTE=alann;11822548]Wife is making it possible to fulfill what many bass fisherman dream of.....making the jump to living in our motorhome in Okeechobee (Silver Palms RV Resort) year round. Will be moving within 4 to 8 weeks. I am one LUCKY man to have a wife that is not only willing but anxious to go along with my dream! Looking to join a club in the area. Will be a non boater until my new Falcon is finished (after all, gotta have a new boat!) then once I know my way around the lake, a boater. Any info on clubs in the area would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows of a good guide I would like to see about booking 1 or two days not only to fish but, to learn the lake so I don't get myself in trouble or lost when I begin to explore! Thanks![/QUOTE

If you want to fish artificial on the North End of the lake I would use Randy Fulford or Justin Morgan both great guys.

4. Member
    I will second the Justin Morgan recommendation, super young man, knows the lake and put you on fish. Also several local tournaments every week. Wednesday evening 5 to 8 out of Scott Driver. Thursday morning safe light to 12 out of Scott Driver. I am leaving tonight but be back in a few weeks, give me a yell and I will take you out and maybe do a tournament as well. The wait on a new boat is forever. Fishing makes time pass quicker... Don

5. Member
    Get in contact with Don,real good fisherman

6. Member
    Thanks for the reply and offer Donnyboy. I should be moving within 3 to 4 weeks. Will give you a shout out when I am there and things are settled in a little! Yes, the wait is forever but, in the end I will have exactly what I want on the boat. A lot of people never get a chance to do that.
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

7. GTB
    South Florida bass club check it out on Facebook