Thread: Z8 Key location

Z8 Key location

Hi,

I recently bought a 2013 Nitro Z8 and love everything about it except the location of the ignition. Has anyone relocated this or put in a push button start? I would looking at a off-on-monentary on rocker switch but could not figure out where to hook the magneto circuit wire. Last weekend during a tournament the key got bumped a couple time and ended up breaking when we where culling fish. Any suggestion on how to address this issue? Really hate the idea of having to take the key out after each stop.

Thanks
    2013 Nitro Z8
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    They moved it to the inside on my 2015 Z8 and positioned the power switch on the far left. I've killed the power more times than I can remember by hitting the switch while going to the front. Can't answer and don't have suggestions regarding the mag installation.

3. Member
    Basically had the same thing happen to me first trip out...thought about relocating it but ended up getting in habit of pulling key out (on a floating key ring) when I stop and dropping it in tray next to shifter. After 10 years I do it now without even thinking about...but push button would be cool.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

4. Member
    Yeah, that is what I am figuring I am probably going to have to do. Not sure why they did not put it on the left side. They should of switched the horn and ignition location. Love everything about the boat except the key location.
    2013 Nitro Z8
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS