Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Don’t know the situation, but sometimes your own state of mind is the easiest thing to change. Don’t let crap follow you home.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Don’t know the situation, but sometimes your own state of mind is the easiest thing to change. Don’t let crap follow you home.
    good advice here
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

3. Member
    I'm retired now, but this is what I got good at and it made a big difference.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

4. Member
    I was in a similar situation. Great pay, solid benefits (not free medical). The people there were great but it was a disaster. Leadership was horrible. Mind games, treating adults like crap, etc.

I chose to leave for a job with less pay (not a huge haircut). Better environment, boss was demanding but honest and cared about his people.

Depending on your retirement timeline, you can choose to stick it out. Just think about like it’s just a job. “They don’t care about me and I don’t care about them.”
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Bullet View Post
    What would it take for you to find another job. I’m tired of coming home pissed about every day. The only reason I haven’t looked is I’m payed great and medical is free.
    What line of work are you in?
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

6. Banned
    If You do get "stuck".. Change Your thought or You'll get what You've always got...

Good Luck

John makes a great point here. I’ve been at the same place for 27 years and crap is getting old with the company and some of the people, but the pay and insurance is good. I try to shake the day off when I pass through the gates. Try to find something to bring your state of mind to a better place and leave work at work. Yeah it’s tough. Trust me, I know.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Member
    Unfortunately, the majority of people are not really happy where they work. You are fortunate to be well paid and it sounds like you have great benefits, but would you be willing to work somewhere else for less if it makes you happier? Personally, I would take less to be more content as feeling crappy every day is no way to live, but that is a personal decision.

9. Member
    I ask this question often. Loved my job and felt lucky for a long time because enjoyed ,y job and liked going to work. Well then I got a new boss. I dread going to work everyday now and only reason I haven’t left yet is I know I would have to take a big step back in pay and benefits like vacation time. But I’m miserable. Not sure how much longer I can stick it out.

10. Member
    I own my own business and I don't like going to work most days either. The customers the employees the government all bark at you non stop. I think it's the very precious few who love going to work the rest are lucky to find it tolerable. Try medication, I am on Lexapro generic and it has made work, life, and stupid people much more tolerable. I figure the reason you get paid to go to work is because you don't want to be there, you just have to find out where your balancing point with pay rate and tolerability is.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

11. Banned
    Got a over the interview today had enough of this "manager" gotta get out before something bad happens. If your debating it your behind update that resume and move on.

12. Member
    Been there.

Leave if you have options or can.

Life is too short to be upset everyday. If it hasn't, it will start to affect your health and home/family life.

No job is worth that.
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

13. Member
    Only you can honestly assess what it is about your work environment that makes it so bad. Management? Co-workers? And then you have to ask if you really think it would be different in a new setting. Annoying people are everywhere. Certain occupations are inherently stressful.

Wouldn't hurt to have a resume polished and ready to float if the time comes

14. Member
    I'm right there with ya. Some days it is all I can do to make myself come in to work.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    What line of work are you in?
    Plant controls programming/ IT . Have 5 bosses when everything is going great not a word, but when something is down I have 5 different people wanting to know why!

21 XD 225 Merc

16. Banned
    . Have 5 bosses when everything is going great not a word, but when something is down I have 5 different people wanting to know why!
    Right there is Your issue. Whittle it down to answering to 1 person instead of being the 'scapegoat 5 different times' Would it lessen the load if You just said "See Janice, my boss" ?

thumbnail:

"Too many chefs ruin the stew..."

Bone app. a -teet

17. Member
    Last edited by R.D.; 04-16-2021 at 07:33 PM.

18. Member
    Maybe you would be happier if you didn't work in a Right-to-Work state. Some employers think Right-to-Work means it is a right to treat employees badly. Not all.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Almag6 View Post
    Maybe SDfisher1995 is hiring? He dont belive in corp profits.

In all seriousness, if the pay is there and med is free, find a way to make it work. Thats hard to find
    Really Perfect example of a post that didnt need to be made. and if he is looking in south dakota PM me.

What would it take for you to find another job. I’m tired of coming home pissed about every day. The only reason I haven’t looked is I’m payed great and medical is free.
    Hate it most days. No free medical though.
    Less people more pressure constant change.
    30 into can I make 10more?
    Last edited by MIKER2702; 04-16-2021 at 07:45 PM.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast