Lakes North East Oklahoma

I am coming to Collinsville to visit my daughter and grandkids next week and will be pulling my boat. I thought maybe some of you guys that live and fish that area could tell me which lakei is fishing the best for LMB and SMB. Looking for lakes within 75 miles of Collinsville. Thanks

Recommend Tenkiller for smallmouth.

Skiatook less than 25 miles, Grand maybe the 75 miles trip

4. Banned
    Hudson, ft.gibson, or tenkiller would be my vote. If you like smaller lakes bluestem over in Pawhuska would be worth trying that's where I am going Saturday morning I think. Skiatook would be the closest but I call it the dead sea and I live in Skiatook. I'm sure someone could tell you how to be productive on Skiatook I just haven't figured it out and haven't really tried to.

5. Member
    I agree with you on Skitook. I was over there last May and fished it three days and only caught a few small mouths. When I go to see my daughter I take my boat and usually rent a slip and leave my boat at the lake I am going to fish to keep from unloading and loading it as I am 76 and the years are taking a toll on my loading and unloading it. Have been leaning toward Fort Gibson or Ten killer. Thanks for the information.

Chicken Creek ramp is a good one on Tenkiller and in the middle part of the lake. There are nice chunk rock banks and coves you can go in and catch fish. Always a chance at a good smallmouth on that part of the lake as well. Good luck

7. Member
    Spavinaw and Eucha are two small lakes that have some bass fishing.
    Dripping springs looks like east Texas and is down by Okmulgee.