Covid helped fishing

Last year just about all of our regional tournaments were cancelled due to Covid. This year the fishing is so much better especially on the river systems . Places that 20 lb was a good bag now it is in the high 20s and almost 20 to get a check. I am not a biologist but it has to help fishing by not snatching a fish off her bed and carrying her 50 to 100 miles to another river to a weigh in.

2. Fishing is a Passion
    No severe storms on the coast
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

3. Member
    yeah, i will argue had absolutely nothing to do with limited tournaments in the couple months in spring. Mostly high water and as JOhnnyO stated - no severe storms depleting O2.

4. Banned
    That might have been the case down there but I can tell you here in the Piedmont it did absolutely nothing to improve fishing as everybody and their whole family were on the water fishing every single day of the week for the whole year after March. The worst part was that it all started just prior to the spawn and every bloody was yanking every fish in sight off of a bed putting them in their live wells so they could snap their Instagram and Facebook photos at the end of the day. I also think that every single person in North Carolina that did not already have a boat, purchased a boat during that time. I’ve never seen so many people on the water like I have since covid started. And the fishing on all the bigger lakes has been much worse. Our lakes can’t handle another covid. I still wish all of these people would go back to work in person.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jab0914d1 View Post
    yeah, i will argue had absolutely nothing to do with limited tournaments in the couple months in spring. Mostly high water and as JOhnnyO stated - no severe storms depleting O2.
    See how many 25 lb bags come out of C Creek next spring

6. Member
    Didn't help with stripers in the Roanoke - cut the season so bad it's hardly worth it. High water didn't help but overfishing contributed.

7. Member
    are you saying the fishing is worse for both stripers and largemouth? that's hardly able to be supported given tournament weights and # of rockfish being reported now.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jab0914d1 View Post
    are you saying the fishing is worse for both stripers and largemouth? that's hardly able to be supported given tournament weights and # of rockfish being reported now.
    Hes implying the fishin is better but i lean toward covid hurt the lakes especially around the concrete jungles..License sales were up drastically..Kb rn nailed it.

9. Member
    X2

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderman View Post
    Hes implying the fishin is better but i lean toward covid hurt the lakes especially around the concrete jungles..License sales were up drastically..Kb rn nailed it.
    So I actually don't bass fish that much just like the site.

I meant striped bass season in the Roanoke was hurt by over fishing and high water - the first likely due to covid as the river was packed last year.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    That might have been the case down there but I can tell you here in the Piedmont it did absolutely nothing to improve fishing as everybody and their whole family were on the water fishing every single day of the week for the whole year after March. The worst part was that it all started just prior to the spawn and every bloody was yanking every fish in sight off of a bed putting them in their live wells so they could snap their Instagram and Facebook photos at the end of the day. I also think that every single person in North Carolina that did not already have a boat, purchased a boat during that time. I’ve never seen so many people on the water like I have since covid started. And the fishing on all the bigger lakes has been much worse. Our lakes can’t handle another covid. I still wish all of these people would go back to work in person.
    Yes, really looking forward to people going back to work and kids going back to school, never seen the lakes so busy on the weekdays (when I usually go because of my work schedule.)

1-2 years from now you will see a lot of used boats entering the markets when school sports start firing back up and things get back to normal. Might be able to find some deals on low hour boats that people are trying to get rid of because they no longer have time to fish
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz