1 Anchor With Ultrex

I am budgeting for a new boat and was wondering if anyone here is running 1 shallow water anchor with the ultrex? I’m definitely getting an Ultrex but don’t exactly have the funds for 2 poles (really not even one but may bite the bullet depending on the responses here). My thought is in shallow water 1 pole would lock down the back and the Ultrex could control the swing. I understand the argument about the troller stirring up silt and such in shallow water, so just on the basis of boat control what are your thoughts?

2. Member
    In short, no. I have an Ultrex and one Talon which I prefer for numerous reasons.
    The Ultrex is not precision enough for an anchor. It will fight with your anchor constantly. I think they build in a 3 foot radius of precision which means a swing of about 6 ft.
    If the wind or current isn't too strong it's easy enough to manually adjust for the swing. This is what I do.

Another option but not nearly as convenient is to get an anchor pin for the front. Less costly for sure. If you are in that shallow of water where you are stirring up silt you could get away with a shorter pin.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

That makes sense. I wasn’t sure about the accuracy of the Ultrex.

4. Member
    The Ultrex, on spotlock, would fight the anchor.

Something I have done many times is to drop my Talons in a strong side wind and then turn my Ultrex prop on, set the speed just right to keep my boat still and sideways to the spot I'm fishing. I do this to afford the back deck angler full casting access to the area.