Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

UPDATE ON 2020 Z21 THATS FALLING APART !!!!!!! DONT BUY NITRO

ou guys think this is just a mercury problem, let me list the nitro problems then for you,,,, this happened in the first 30 days,,,,then both struts that hold the rod locker doors and the opposite compartment broke off where they connect to the lids!!! ,, the cup holders up front and next to the console became dislodged and flew off while under way,,60 days,,,the center trim piece of the steering wheel fell off,,,the driver seat mount that slides back and forth in different positions NEVER worked from day 1,,got that finally replaced after 1 year ,,I had to move the Foot Throttle Pedal all the way forward and push back on the seat so it would not move while underway,,,BTW not very safe !! driver side livewell pump stopped working after 90 days!! The faceplate on the passenger side Talon that lights up and has control panel flew off after 6 months, so people it more then just a mercury problem!!! I have owned every top of the Line Nitro the savage 896, the 911CDC,the Z9,,,so I am very familiar with nitro,,,those are just the few of the things have broken and after spending 70,000 yes its a little frus
    Last edited by rhinopro; 04-29-2021 at 12:28 PM.

I would be careful when you single out Nitro for all your problems when most of them appear to be a Mercury motor issue. As far as the rod tubes go, I pulled those out on every boat I've ever owned. You can fit twice as many rods in the locker without them as long as you use rod socks. I don't know what you mean buy the rods sliding back and forth? I don't have that problem, but maybe the set-up is a bit different on a Z21 vs a Z20?

Good luck and hope things improve for you...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Member
    Can’t see a nitro problem in that post. First thing I’ve done in any boat I’ve bought is pull out the rod tubes.

4. Member
    Curious about your statement here.....could you elaborate and list which individual items broke in pieces?

Hope you get back on the water without challenges ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinopro View Post
    AND THEN ALL THE LITTLE STUFF STARTED BREAKING IN PIECES ALL OVER THE BOAT!!

5. Member
    Sounds like you have more Mercury issues than Nitro problems.

6. Member
    Apparently the nitro also has a broken caps lock.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post

Yes. Unfortunately you have one nitro issue that isn't really an issue since we all remove that crap anyway. I could fix you issue in 20 minutes with 3 screws. Calm down. It doesn't matter if you spend 100k on a boat or 70, you need to give them 20 minutes of TLC every gas tank you burn. It's a boat. Not a space shuttle.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    My head hurts after all that yelling.

10. Member
    I hear if you adjust the Etiquette trim on the Caps Lock flux capacitor, it will indeed become a much more enjoyable read. It’s not nearly as loud!
    Last edited by Bigezsaint; 04-15-2021 at 07:36 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigezsaint View Post
    I hear if you adjust the Etiquette trim on the Caps Lock flux capacitor, it will indeed become a much enjoyable read. It’s not nearly as loud!
    Ruthless, I love reading these comments. I knew these would be rolling in.

Doesn’t really sound like a Nitro problem to me.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

14. Member
    Sucks that you had an issue with your rod tubes. I'm not really worried about mine falling out because I removed them the same day I picked up the boat. I understand your frustrations though. I'm not sure I'd let Nitro get away with not fixing it. Even if they had to replace the whole top cap I'd insist that they do it.

Keep us updated on what Mercury does with your motor.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

15. Member
    You should be disappointed with your "MERCURY OUTBOARD" issues.
    Last edited by Boat4Life; 05-01-2021 at 01:22 PM.

16. Member
    Also pull rod tubes out day boat came home. Not sure what fiberglass issue your speaking of but it certainly should be a warranty item if in fact it's a manufacturer defect. 90% of your issues sounds like a Mercury problem and Nitro has nothing to do with that. You would have the same issues if the same motor was mounted on any brand boat.

17. Member
    First off....I am sorry that you are having those issues, I am sure it is frustrating.
    But as other have mentioned you have listed multiple problems that are Mercury related and one that is Nitro related. If the rod tubes are important to you should have those fixed under warranty if it IS a fiberglass issue. Sounds to me like whoever you are dealing with just does not WANT to deal wit it. I have read it time and time again on here that having a solid dealer goes a long way.

I can't believe they don't give loaners. My next boat will be a Lexus.

19. Member
    All manufactures have issues.. the issue with the rod box I would have assumed the dealer would have covered the cost if warranty wouldn't have paid for it, sounds strange to me. I can't see warranty not covering that particular issue. As far as the motor issues.. unfortunately everyone's hands get tied waiting on parts that are on back order because production can't keep up with demand. This doesn't help your situation I know. Motor manufactures are like the boat industry now with part supplies and demands. I would contact White River Marine Group concerning your rod tubes and give them the explanation you were given.. don't embellish it, just facts and they will make a call to the dealership.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I can't believe they don't give loaners. My next boat will be a Lexus.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast