Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZcal2021 View Post
    One would be participating in the wrong lifestyle if you're trying to pinch pennies and be a new bass boat consumer/owner at the same time. Most often, the two do not mix.

An average, above average, or even below average guy could save money buying a warranty as well, it's just logical.

I paid cash for the PPP plan since it was inexpensive.

Are you solely relegated to a singular, crappy service department there in your region of Wazzu? No other marine shop options out your way? I'd understand your bitterness if that's the case. That would suck if that were the case for any of us.
    you think the average guy is saving money buying an extended warranty? Why would they offer them if they are such a money losing proposition for the dealer? I understand buying the warranty if you don’t want to deal with any repairs and you have a good dealer, but no way the dealer is taking losses on the average warranty purchase.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    you think the average guy is saving money buying an extended warranty?
    Replace your use of "is" above with the verb "could". Convert "saving" to "save".

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZcal2021 View Post
    Replace your use of "is" above with the verb "could". Convert "saving" to "save".
    missed that on your original quote. I’d for sure strongly consider the 7 year plan if I had a dealer I’d trust to change oil haha.

4. Member
    Paragraphs 9 & 12 covers "my" rationale on buying the extended warranty. Just a read I came across before I bought my Z20.

https://www.tgyg.com/resources/boat-extended-warranty

5. Member
    It's $20 a month, no questions asked, pick your repair shop, top to bottom coverage with a $100 deductible. No one is losing any noticeable amount of money compared to if an unforeseen event happens and you have to hand over thousands at once. One might look at as an extra $1,680. I see it as $5 a week for peace of mind and don't have to worry about B.usting O.ut A.nother T.housand ��

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuthernCut View Post
    It's $20 a month, no questions asked, pick your repair shop, top to bottom coverage with a $100 deductible. No one is losing any noticeable amount of money compared to if an unforeseen event happens and you have to hand over thousands at once. One might look at as an extra $1,680. I see it as $5 a week for peace of mind and don't have to worry about B.usting O.ut A.nother T.housand ��
    you don’t want to look at warranty things like that monthly. Look at total cost over the life of the loan. Looking at the math it usually takes a major issue or two to make the warranty math work

7. Member
    Nitro and "top of the line" don't belong in the same sentence

Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    Ok
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

the average guy is going to lose money buying the warranty though. It’s just math. Especially if you
    have a crappy service department where you wouldnt trust the guys
    to change a battery, let alone major repairs.
    The PPP is important for two reasons. If you plan on keeping the boat for more than a year or two, you have that additional 5 years of warranty protection "bumper to bumper". Including all of the electronics you put on the boat when you buy it from the dealer. This also adds a few years warranty to the motor.
    Second, if you plan on selling in a year or two, the second owner can have that warranty as well. That makes a huge difference in selling a used boat with 5 or more years of warranty on it.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing Bryan....I disagree, and thanks for you valued input on this topic.

11. Member
    Yes I realize any Mercury dealer can fix the problem under warranty, however everyone I called were 5-6 weeks out even before they could look at it,,,the only reason I took it back To BPS is because they at least would look at it with-in 2 weeks because I bought it there ! Make Sense ??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234