Charging AGM's W/ Quad Pro PS4

I have a 2014 Quad Pro PS4 15amp 4 bank charger on board. I recently installed (3) 31 Duracell AGM's and the X2 Power Plus 31 AGM battery for cranking/electronics. My question is if the Quad Pro PS4 is a good choice for these 4 AGM's? I thought I read somewhere this would work fine so I tried it and visibly the three Duracell AGM's seem to charge up in a timely fashion as they should. However the X2 Power Plus 31 AGM from Batteries Plus seems to take much longer than it should IMO - like 10hrs or more to get to full charge. Like I can fish all day and plug it in at 10pm and at 8AM that battery is not even flashing green yet. I thought I recall reading and verifying the Quad Pro PS4 would work fine with AGM's as per the manual but now I am questioning myself and wanted some help to verify.

One would think that a PS4 charging at 15amps per bank would charge that battery up in roughly 6 to no more than 8hrs, right? If the charger is the correct one for AGM's then I could certainly have a bad bank? Any insight would be appreciate as getting a clear answer on this seems difficult.

Thanks!

2. Member
    What all do you have hooked up to that battery?

I would switch banks and see how it works. I have that battery and my NOCO charger has it up normally in less than 4 hours.

3. Member
    Three HDS 12” Lives with at least one in standby, Active target, live wells, Nema and point 1. Basically everything but my TM. I looked up again the quad pro charger and it says suitable for AGMs. But if you jump over to the other thread here and watch that guys video it makes me wonder. I just don’t see it taking 10hrs to recharge using a 15amp charger?

4. Member
    That is a lot of draw. Can you get a voltage output reading on one of your units so you can see how the battery is doing during the day? It may really be draining with all that going on. My Solix units were killing my cranker in just a few hours before I went to the X2. They would pull it down so low that I would have to use the jumper switch to start my engine.

5. Member
    I have seen a few post now on Dualpro and AGM batteries. I use 3 Duracell group 31 AGM and a Napa flooded commercial and have zero problems. Dualpro states that the chargers are approved for use with "most" AGM. Dualpro uses a different charging profile than most other chargers.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig_Man View Post
    That is a lot of draw. Can you get a voltage output reading on one of your units so you can see how the battery is doing during the day? It may really be draining with all that going on. My Solix units were killing my cranker in just a few hours before I went to the X2. They would pull it down so low that I would have to use the jumper switch to start my engine.
    What charger do you have for the X2 and how long does it take to recharge? It's a beast of a battery! I understand it is pulling some amps but several guys I know are running similar with lessor batteries and can recharge in less than 8hrs. That is where I am puzzled - why mine takes so long. From what I have been told 3.6 amps is the max on the 12" Lives. So 7.2 plus .65 for the one in standby, plus 1.5amps for the Active target and let use 1 for livewells, NEMA and point1. Roughly 10amps or so max.

7. Member
    My charger is a noco that came in my Nitro 5 years ago. I normally have a several mile run back to the ramp so my X2 charges in a few hours after I get home. I used to have Low hds units and they ate batteries as bad my HBs do.

Have you tried a different bank on the X2 yet?

8. Member
    That’s my next move!

9. Member
    I had a DualPro 4 bank 10 amp that came with my 2008 Ranger Z20 that did a great job charging 4 Duracell group 31 Marine batteries, The first replacement came at 6 years for the cranking battery. I currently have a DualPro 4 bank 15 amp that came with my 2019 Ranger Z521C and it seems fine. While I see a small issue with it charging the Interstate group 31 AGM that came with the boat I believe it is related with the battery or some type of current draw even when the master cutoff switch is off.