mega 360 / 2nd transducer

helix 10 mdi+ g3n , Y cable, with mega 360 and xm 9 20 msi t on trolling motor hooked to the g3n. linked to 2 helix 10 msi + g2n.
    I am aware the only si image will be coming from mega 360.
    The only transducer choices on the g3n are, Mega 360, HW:Mega 360 , HW: MDI+:Mega 360, and Built in HW:MDI+ :Mega 360
    Trying to get 2d,Mdi from the xm 9 20 msi t to the g2n and use the g3n for mega 360 .
    Right now getting all images 2d,di,360 from the mega 360 trans,
    Will the xm 9 20 msi T give me the 2d,di through the g3n to share ?

The 9 20 msi t has a 83/200 kHz 2D piezo, that does not match the HW choices in the Connected Transducer menu when the MEGA 360 is recognized. AND the SI piezos don't match the DI+ default setting.

You are not getting 2D, DI, 360 from the MEGA 360, it is a rotating Side Imaging transducer and nothing else==only does 360 or SI.
    You would get 2D, DI, Temp from the other transducer connected to the Y cable and only if you choose the combo in the Connected Transducer menu. HW : MDI+ : MEGA 360

IF you want the units to work properly, you put a XM 9 HW MSI T or XM 9 HW MDI T on the trolling motor.

Where is the G2N unit located?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    The g2n is up front with the g3n.
    Was hoping he wouldnt have to install the HW on the trolling motor. Was able to get everything working using the HW,MDI+,mega360. Just wadnt sure where all the info was coming from.
    Thank you.

4. Member
    My next question would be what is gained by putting the HW MDI+ trans on, and removing the XM 9 20 MSI T.
    Still researching the HW (high wide ) transducers.
    Was able to get everything to work, images looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by jmurray540 View Post
    My next question would be what is gained by putting the HW MDI+ trans on, and removing the XM 9 20 MSI T.
    Still researching the HW (high wide ) transducers.
    Was able to get everything to work, images looked good.
    If you match the transducer to the unit, the unit will perform as designed:
    XM or XTM 9 HW MSI T connected to a G3N or G4N
    XM or XTM 9 20 MSI T connected to a G2N

The HW CHIRP piezo is Low-Q true CHIRP rated. True CHIRP is what some spend many hundreds of dollars on to get better target separation using AIRMAR CHIRP transducers.
    Humminbird replaced 83/200 kHz piezos with the HW CHIRP piezo for better performance.
    You can certainly settle for less performance with a lesser transducer if you want.

If you connect the XM 9 20 MSI T to the G2N directly and ONLY the MEGA 360 to the G3N you will get cross-talk.

Having both connected to the same display prevents cross-talk since the sonar piezos are pinged in a sequence.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Wayne,
    I have a built in mega transducer on my Terrova, does that transducer have the HW CHIRP?

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanwannabe View Post
    Wayne,
    I have a built in mega transducer on my Terrova, does that transducer have the HW CHIRP?
    Yes, both the Minnkota MSI and MDI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    I have helix G4n DI+9" with 360 plugged in then networked to Helix G3n Mega 7 attached to Terrova MDI, both on my bow. If I purchase the Y cable and run both transducers through my G4n, can I still have fullscreen Mega 360 on the G4n and network DI on the G3n? Also, as you mentioned above, running these 2 transducers through the Gn4 via Y cable will remove all crosstalk, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanwannabe View Post
    I have helix G4n DI+9" with 360 plugged in then networked to Helix G3n Mega 7 attached to Terrova MDI, both on my bow. If I purchase the Y cable and run both transducers through my G4n, can I still have fullscreen Mega 360 on the G4n and network DI on the G3n? Also, as you mentioned above, running these 2 transducers through the Gn4 via Y cable will remove all crosstalk, right?
    Yes, when the MEGA 360 and added DI transducer are connected to a unit via MEGA 360 Y cable, the elements are pinged in a sequence so it is impossible to get cross-talk.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Thanks Wayne, you are a great help with all this technology.