Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Originally Posted by printman71
    I watched that and agree as well.
    MLF/BPT has the right idea on catch, weigh and release, especially during the spawn

First they get Dawn Dish Detergent Sprayed all over them, then ripped off their nest, then bounced around in a live well all day, stuffed into a bag, put on a scale gasping for air until some Dude gets done mentioning his sponsors then some of the Bigguns get drug out of the bag held up by their jaw while the Sponsored Dude prances around on stage for photo ops to feed his Ego.

Guess that's what Growing the Sport and Living the Dream but a real Nightmare for the Spawning Bass
    Not MLF/BPT. Catch, weigh, immediately release.
    Randy isn't saying to ban fishing, just catch and immediate release during the spawn. Aaron Martens is on this page as well.

2. Banned
    "If the van is rockin' don't bother knocking..." Plus there may be a very slight chance that You could then teach Your kids/grandkids and there would be something to catch

win squared... I think the kids call it "win/win" fight about politics™(but not here) or religion™ in the stead...

3. Member
    I agree and disagree with Randy on his point. I read a very good article on the impact of tournament fishing on KY Lake. Reader’s Digest: tourney fishing on KY Lake doesn’t have much of an impact to the bass fishing quality on the big lake.
    I suspect many big lakes with solid bass populations would have similar study findings.

However, pulling a bunch of fish off of beds and “relocating” them 3-5 times a week by 20-50 bass fishermen each tourney on a smaller lake (under 5000 acres) with a decent to below-average bass populations (like many of our lakes here in Ohio) seems super short-sighted. There is no doubt in my mind that this hurts the bass recruitment in these lakes.

So it’s situational and it depends like many things in life. It’s simply not black and white.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

Nothing but a has been hypocrite trying to be relevant.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

5. TJNYSNP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Originally Posted by printman71
    First they get Dawn Dish Detergent Sprayed all over them, then ripped off their nest, then bounced around in a live well all day, stuffed into a bag, put on a scale gasping for air until some Dude gets done mentioning his sponsors then some of the Bigguns get drug out of the bag held up by their jaw while the Sponsored Dude prances around on stage for photo ops to feed his Ego. Guess that's what Growing the Sport and Living the Dream but a real Nightmare for the Spawning Bass
    Agree. DEC of states need to come down and do catch and release only until after the spawn period is done. NY does this. Doesn't help that CT doesn't as all the NY guys run to tournaments in CT through the spawn. DECs of states need to set rules. You cannot expect these yahoo tournament committees and club tournament directors to do it. Its hard enough running a tournament trail!

6. Banned
    this dude sure hates a lot about bass fishing to be a bass fisherman

He is right, lets just keep all the legal fish and eat them instead, during the spawn/post spawn.

8. Member
    Blaukat is a virtue signaling crybaby...
    General Manager

PTG Outdoors
    5401 McFarland Blvd.
    Northport, AL 35476
    205-333-1605

Then Cancel the Deer Spawn in the Fall too..

10. Member
    Based on every other video I have watched from him, I will skip and summarize that I disagree with 99% of what this guy says.
    Fish have fins, they swim

11. Member
    maybe if he feels so strongly, HE should stop fishing during the spawn
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Then Cancel the Deer Spawn in the Fall too..
    exactly what I was thinking. Close deer season during the rut.

13. Member
    I think the new format of catching a fish then immediately releasing is the future. The old style weigh in debacle is out dated. If they can come up with an honest way to catch and release for all tournaments that will be a far better solution for the bass especially spawning fish.

Quote Originally Posted by cg2fish View Post
    I think the new format of catching a fish then immediately releasing is the future. The old style weigh in debacle is out dated. If they can come up with an honest way to catch and release for all tournaments that will be a far better solution for the bass especially spawning fish.

MLF has been around 10 years now. There were a couple catch and weigh events in the few years prior but yet finding any local or regional trails with the MLF format is a tough ask. Not many out there. Additionally MLF kept the 5 fish format themselves in everything tbey offer below BPT level.
    I would think it would have taken off by now it if was the future of tournament fishing. Cool conceot, I enjoy MLF and BPT but logistically its hard to do above a club l3vel for most regional trails. We still have not seen a 200-300 boat event use tbis format though sone regional trails draw those numbers.

15. Member
    It's amazing how many bad takes this guy has. It's as if he's trying to be wrong.

16. Member
    He is one guy with his own opinion. Nobody has to agree or disagree. Anyone can have a free youtube account. Be heard!

17. dartag1829
    Our bass season in Michigan opens Memorial Day. With his idea we would not be fishing until July. He must be doing something right. Married with a bunch of kids and rarely cashes a check.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    this dude sure hates a lot about bass fishing to be a bass fisherman
    That's exactly my thought! He's defiantly gone into "curmudgeon" phase of his career where everything bugs him.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

I am starting to think 90% of this site doesn't actually fish....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

20. Banned
    He speaks his mind.. and I give him credit for it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast