Thread: LOZ

LOZ

Any tournaments this weekend at the lake of the ozarks?

2. Member
    I guess nobody saw the humor in that? Unfortunately, I have to work this weekend, but good luck to rest of you guys!

3. Member
    I’m always curious as to how many people will fish it.

4. Member
    I've never seen an actual count, but it's a lot! I think the regatta permit says 1600 boats or something like that?

5. Member
    I think I normally see 1400 boats on Bassing Bobs. It’s funny to watch an area get hit by boats. This area across from my dock i usually watch boat after boat pull in and fish it. I’m thinking by the time the 4th boat and beyond fish there’s isn’t any fish on the spot.

May be different this time since it's LOZ and Truman both!

I’ll be be there. Looks like the weather may keep some of the pleasure boats off Sat.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

I ran a service call on Thursday in Osage beach. Went on my lunch to pb2 to bank fish. I actually fished off the courtesy dock at that overflow ramp which is still closed due to low water.
    Caught 1 small fish and the a 6 - 6.5 nailed my wiggle wart in about 2 feet of water. I’ve thought about fishing it but from what I’ve heard, etiquette isn’t allowed in the anglers boats. It’s anything goes.

6.89lbs leads after day 1.
    Dont know how many fished Truman but that lake didn’t show well today.

I was on Truman both days and it was rough. Caught a bunch of fish but nothing over 2 lbs. The females were elusive. If we come back next year, we won't go back to Truman.

10. Member
    I fished from Wednesday through saturday(not the bash) with three other boats was a family trip. We caught hundreds of bass as a group but only 6 over three pounds all week. We were on exactly the main lake bluff end patter as some of those money fish weighed in and could just not get the bigger bites. Was very frusterating especially to hear a lot of the good fish coming in from guy's doing the same thing. We just could not get the pocket or creek thing going all week it was really wierd. i don't know if it was the cooler weather the stained water or the water falling a bit but the females at least for are group were tough. I did wreck about 50 2lbers on jerkbaits though so it was still fun. Would kill for some of those 2lbers when we fish a tournement there in October. I tip my cap to those guy's that catch those 5 and sixes consistantly they are definitely on a different level from me.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapela View Post
    I fished from Wednesday through saturday(not the bash) with three other boats was a family trip. We caught hundreds of bass as a group but only 6 over three pounds all week. We were on exactly the main lake bluff end patter as some of those money fish weighed in and could just not get the bigger bites. Was very frusterating especially to hear a lot of the good fish coming in from guy's doing the same thing. We just could not get the pocket or creek thing going all week it was really wierd. i don't know if it was the cooler weather the stained water or the water falling a bit but the females at least for are group were tough. I did wreck about 50 2lbers on jerkbaits though so it was still fun. Would kill for some of those 2lbers when we fish a tournement there in October. I tip my cap to those guy's that catch those 5 and sixes consistantly they are definitely on a different level from me.
    Fishing can definitely be humbling!

12. Member
    Fished LOZ Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was on FIRE!! 10 keepers with twice that many shorts. Mostly on a jig. Sunday was the complete opposite. I really need to learn how to fish with the sun out!

13. Member
    Fished LOZ this weekend as well and about the same Saturday was a very good day and Sunday was a rough go. I guess I should have crappie fished Sunday. Saw quite a few people catching crappie.

14. Member
    The St. Louis Bass Busters is hosting a open buddy tournament on May 8th out of PB2. $130.00 entry fee. You can find the flyer details on their Facebook page.

15. Member
    The fishing was on fire this past Saturday. 81 boat tournament and there were 36 limits.

16. Member
    Wonder if there watching who enters the open tournament? I wouldn’t mind
    fishing it as long as they don’t allow local cherry pickers to enter it.

17. Member
    I was there, was 1 of the 36. Could'nt get a fat girl to bite on Sat.