FWC asking questions?

Was on Griffin yesterday (a Tuesday) and a guy in a white center console with a FWC sticker on it, and wearing a tee shirt with an FWC logo pulled up & asked if he could ask us 5 questions. Wanted to know what & where we had caught. If we liked the 8" limit law, if we were in a tourney or prefishing for one, etc. Didn't know that the FWC cared about what Florida citizens thought or maybe he was a fake & just collecting info for his own use.
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

2. Banned
    I have had the FWC biologist come by and ask me similar questions. Now it seems like they sit at the ramp and question you when you come in.

3. Member
    He's just make 8. At the end of the day FWC looked at all the data he collected , wadded it up, and played garbage can basketball with it.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

4. Member
    They are at Fellsmere Reservoir quit a bit, Trying to hype up numbers to show how great of management job there doing, I always tell them it was the best place on the planet to fish before they started spraying. That puts a hard stymie face on them. I make them write it down, but who knows if they take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Was on Griffin yesterday (a Tuesday) and a guy in a white center console with a FWC sticker on it, and wearing a tee shirt with an FWC logo pulled up & asked if he could ask us 5 questions. Wanted to know what & where we had caught. If we liked the 8" limit law, if we were in a tourney or prefishing for one, etc. Didn't know that the FWC cared about what Florida citizens thought or maybe he was a fake & just collecting info for his own use.
    Had the same out in the glades couple months ago. Asked a few questions about how the fishing was. Was also in a white center console.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

6. Banned
    The State™ will occasional advertise for that job. The guy around here doing that was "Chuck" veteran of TheNam, He would come by and say hello to the dogs; if He were a tool my "MagWai' would've sniffed Him out..

There are also some boats that do fish counts which if You pay heed eliminates a lot of looking at a screen

7. Member
    I never answer their questions

8. Banned
    I've met them on Toho(twice), Lake Kissimmee, and Headwaters. Seems harmless to answer their questions. Then I take the opportunity to question them. How many being caught by others today? What part of the lake? What pattern seems to be working?
    Don't know why you wouldn't want to talk to them and exchange info.

9. Member
    It's normal. Ive been asked several times. I always make sure to tell them how much better a job Georgia does with grass management than Florida based on my fishing Seminole. (Which is 100% true because Georgia only sprays the boat lanes and LEAVES EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE

10. Member
    Always tell them it was the best place on the planet to fish before they started spraying. That puts a hard stymie face on them. I make them write it down. <<<---- this !!

11. Member
    He has been around for YEARS. He has asked me questions on Harris, Dora, Maitland Chain, Johns lake, Fairview, Toho and others.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

He was on Sante Fe Saturday.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

13. Member
    They are all over asking these questions, not the same guy. Been asked on Fellsmere, Orange, Lochloosa before. But like others said, probably useless for those who control FWC actions like Mark R stated above.

14. Member
    I get out on the water to get away from it all to clear my mind and relax. I cannot stand being harassed by these people all the time, I understand they have a job to do but it gets on my nerves. This is a very in efficient and costly way to collect data they would be far better served by collecting this data at the ramp or at tournament weigh ins?

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’ve talked to the same guy in damn near every lake on the Harris Chain in the last 6 months. The only time I was irritated is when he came all the way to the back of a shallow cove at 8am during a tournament. He completely shut that spot down, but he’s doing his job.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV