2006 Mercury 60 fourstroke

How do you know which rod bearing you need? I was looking on boats.net and it has three listed blue, black, and brown. My serial number is 1C006495 . Thanks.
    Last edited by PumaMatt; 04-14-2021 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added serial number

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You have to inspect and record what is in the block as it's torn down, and follow the procedures in the Factory Service Manual for checking clearances and selecting the correct bearings.

Strongly recommend using www.mercurypartsonline.net

If you would, please be sure to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (actual serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks. I will use your link when I get ready to order. I was at work and thought I had a picture of serial number on my phone but didn’t. I remembered the range I had looked at though.

1C006495 I tried to use the link but it kept telling me it wouldn’t load on my phone. I will check again later.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You might want to try a computer that uses Mozilla, Microsoft Edge (or Internet Explorer). Some phone IOS systems only seem to work on the Archive Catalog (which is the only one we have any control over... see the button on the right/top corner).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor