Question Mixed answers!! Helix G4N units using the Lowrance Point 1 Heading Sensor

I am getting mixed answers on if the Lowrance Point 1 external gps antenna will work with my Helix g4n. I have my helix connected to my nmea2k backbone. I can select the lowrance point 1 as a heading device within the helix configuration, however, when I view the gps diagnostic view it remains set to internal gps. I did a text chat with Humminbird tech support and they stated that the G4's can't share gps data over nmea2k. Just trying to re use what I can.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tight Lines!

2. Member
    In the past you could use a NMEA2K GPS for GPS only. I will try it out this weekend on my G4N.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I would guess HB knows that answer. Maybe not. Rick will let you know.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    I bought my first HB unit a G4N a month ago under the assumption that if it had NMEA 2k my point 1 would work with it. Well it does not, I've tried everything and it will not switch to the nmea 2k antenna and also it comes up with nuisance warnings all day long from the point 1. I called HB and they said the point 1 will not work, I asked why not if its a NMEA 2k device and they had no answer. Disappointed with there so called "NMEA 2K" unit...
    Warrior 2090 XST 175 Suzuki Mertens Power Tiller
    Lowrance HDS 12,12,8, SS3D