Helix 9 powered by 20v deWalt lithium

I have a question I have been hearing you can power the garmin and pan optix of this 20v setup which works amazing but I am hoping to do the same with my helix 9 I am trying to limit the draw on my drive battery( have oversized bilge, aerators and live well pumps) and this option would be great cause I already own like 50 of these batteries but figured I would ask before I killed a unit because I didn’t. Thanks in advance,
    shayne

2. Member
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

3. Member
    Yes it will work. I met a guy at the lake a few weeks ago that was running his Garmin Livescope on (2) 20volt Dewalt batteries. He had them wired through a home made switch board and bought the battery receptacles on line somewhere. I am seriously thinking about running active target with the same setup. He said he has been using it this way for 6 months with no issues. He does carry spare batteries but said you won’t kill a set unless you leave it on more than 6hrs steady. Food for thought for sure.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

Hummingbird lists the input voltage range as 10.8-20 VDC. I'd want to know how much above 20 volts the fully charged tools batteries were before I hooked it up.
    I hooked my Garmin 93+ and Helix 10 up and ran a test and the current draw on both was 1.5 amps at ~16.8v. I left them both in simulation mode for an hour and the battery went down 16.0 volts.
    It wasn't a tool battery though. I'm dong it for the same reason, to unload my house battery for just starting.

I’ve seen where the Garman units can’t handle more than the Lawrance can. You may have to run a voltage regulator in line
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    I thought reflex batteries regulate unlike most batteries do,,,

7. Member
    plenty of options on here

Amped Outdoors | Amped Outdoors
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Thank you all I am going to give the flex batteries a go