2000 TR186 Livewell Overflow tube?

Hi. Is there supposed to be an livewell overflow "tube" on the livewell? Reason I ask is that I lose almost half of my livewell water when I make a run with a full livewell. Figure a tube would raise the overflow higher and Id lose less water. Or are most people just putting a plug in the overflow hole? My overflow hole is 1 1/4" diameter so it could fit a grommet of some sort and a tube in the grommet.

Thanks in advance.
    If it doesnt have wheels, swim, or run naked in the woods, I don\'t know anything about it.
    \'07.5 GMC Sierra 2500HD,CC/SB, Duramax/Allison
    2000 Triton TR186 150 XR6

2. Member
    I have a 98 TR20 and there is no tube, that's just the way it is. I guess the forward momentum pushes water to the back where the overflow hole is.

I have had the same issue with mine, but usually only in real rough water.

If you plug the overflow hole, yes you will hold all the water, but the water will overflow when you stop.

The only time I plug the overflow hole is when I add ice and turn the recirculate switch on and pump in off.

I'm not sure what the fix would be for this, Ive thought about using a 90 degree fitting and add a tube going forward, but never got around to doing it.

I would recommend, If making long runs in rough water , is to stop every so often and let them fill back up. yea I know nobody wants to stop : )
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. The tube idea is great. Im thinking a small pvc nipple in the overflow hole, a 90 on the nipple, then extend it toward the front of the boat. Im thinking extending it a little more than half way front to back of the livewell. And I think Id angle it towards the center divider so it doesnt get in the way with the door open. Thanks for the idea. I'll give it a shot this season.
    If it doesnt have wheels, swim, or run naked in the woods, I don\'t know anything about it.
    \'07.5 GMC Sierra 2500HD,CC/SB, Duramax/Allison
    2000 Triton TR186 150 XR6