Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Great Bass Boat Search

Just wondering if Ken Smith has ever decided on a Bass boat. I enjoyed his videos of all the different boats.

2. Member
    I was wondering the same thing. He really did a nice job with his videos.

3. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    If you care about the new boats, that's cool!

I got mine a few years back, and now I'll never be able to afford an upgrade since I bought it. The market is nuts!

I'm floating in mine for a while.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

4. Banned
    Not yet. He’s not done looking

He did say he will not be back in a Ranger in a recent vid, so he's narrowing it down a bit. We also know (unless something changed) it won't be a Charger or Bullet. He's still wanting to look at a Nitro, finish the Vexus (I think) review and was talking about doing a Gambler but not sure if that panned out. He has said on water time has been limited past few weeks as wifey is about to pop with baby no 2.

Unless he changes his stance on Seadek, that rules out a few brands, noticeably BassCat - Although Basscat has put a Seadek type product in a few staff boats for testing recently it appears - so there may be an option there in the future.

6. Member
    From what I have seen it will either be a Basscat Lynx, Caymas or Skeeter.

7. Member
    I saw a caymas on the water at a distance and thought it was a skeeter. Very similar to me.

8. Member
    Curious as well. Ken makes some great videos. Quickly has become on my favorites to watch.

9. Member
    Really want to see part 2 of the Vexus review.

10. Banned
    Love his videos. I spent some time crawling around a caymas and you can tell it's a earl bentz boat. Felt alot like my Triton. Fit and finish was great

11. Member
    I believe caymas and Phoenix are his top 2. He has a merc deal I believe, atleast he always has some type of merc stuff around, so that would rule out skeeter.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    Just wondering if Ken Smith has ever decided on a Bass boat. I enjoyed his videos of all the different boats.

his second "bun" is due in a week or two causing him to slow down a bit
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post
    If you care about the new boats, that's cool!

I got mine a few years back, and now I'll never be able to afford an upgrade since I bought it. The market is nuts!

I'm floating in mine for a while.

14. Member
    Venus would be last on my list because of its looks. Awful. I think he is thinking like me, you need to get about 2-3 things off each boat to make a perfect boat. Every boat has something I like and something that is a deal breaker.

15. Member
    I would bet on the Basscat Lynx, based on what I have seen. Now the Phoenix 921 Elite would be a good choice when it comes to incentive money. Of course, that assumes you will win and collect. The guy that won the Toyota series on Grand Lake a couple weeks ago got $35,000 in Phoenix incentive money. Plus he got $1500 from Mercury for a grand total of $76,500.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    I would bet on the Basscat Lynx, based on what I have seen. Now the Phoenix 921 Elite would be a good choice when it comes to incentive money. Of course, that assumes you will win and collect. The guy that won the Toyota series on Grand Lake a couple weeks ago got $35,000 in Phoenix incentive money. Plus he got $1500 from Mercury for a grand total of $76,500.
    I'm with you and like both of those as well. I would love to drive a Lynx, I know BC's can be touchy but don't think it is as bad. The layout / fishability / ride of the Phoenix seems great. Are they built for the long run like a BC? I don't know.

My $ is on the Lynx
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

18. Member
    basscat, phoenix or caymas is what he is going to pick

19. Member
    It’ll be the Basscat or Phoenix. He wants a premier brand with a little more history. I suppose he could drag out testing but it seemed like he wanted to wrap this up in his last video.

I’d like him to keep doing the videos, even after he’s made his decision.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

20. Member
    I am thrilled for Ken and his wife having their 2nd child. I think he and I are about the same age. I love my grandchildren very much. I love holding babies and playing with small children.

But I am too old and worn out to be a parent to a new-born.

Best wishes on the new boat search. I think I would just be looking for my next nap, instead of a new boat.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast