New Ghost Spot Lock Question

I have installed and calibrated my new Ghost trolling motor but have a question about anchor mode (spot lock). When I hit the anchor button the motor seems to want to back up by 3 or 4 feet. I can’t figure out why the motor is doing this and could use some help.

2. Member
    I have no experience with the Ghost (yet) but on my Motorguide Xi5 I felt like it did the same thing.
    As I got used to it, it seemed more like my boat coasted forward a few feet after I hit spot lock and the trolling motor would back me up a bit to correct this.
    Jeff
    2015 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Colorado

3. Member
    Wherever your trolling motor is when you hit spot lock is where it will go to. If you're moving at all its going to go back to that spot.

4. Member
    We have the Ghost and it does this almost every time. It's normal. We really noticed this when we first got it. It was sustained 15 MPH and we have a sailing buoy we tucked up against and it repositioned itself to account for wind direction and we stayed in that spot for a solid ten minutes and it never moved.
    Anchor / spot lock is the real deal on this motor.

5. Member
    Yup, it is so precise that when you hit the anchor the motor will return you to the exact spot the boat was located at the time you hit the anchor. It is not a fault in the motor, which you can easily verify by using AutoPilot to take you to a waypoint. It will take you to the precise spot, and stop; you won't get any backing up.
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    Try and position your boat with the wind and come to a complete stop before you engage spot lock

7. Member
    Yea-same as what the others are saying. I have learned to slow the boat to a stop before hitting spotlock.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559