Thread: Would you???

Banned

Would you???

Use lumber from a chicken house to build a deck if it's free? BIL family raises chickens and built new houses last fall he kept every 2󬝭4'. He said he has over 600 and wants me to take a few hundred off his hands. My better half wants a deck behind our new to us home. I'm thinking build the deck with them, pressure clean, and coat in a deck paint their shouldn't be a problem. What you think? I've never messed with chicken poop before don't know if it's a issue or not.

Use'em.
    You will be fine cleaning them then seal/paint.

If the wood isn't PT NO, anything else will rot an a few years if not covered.

4. Banned
    These 2x4's taste like chicken! Just use them you Chicken Shit!

If they are not pressure treated then I would not use for a deck ,,, but me being the tight wad that I am ,, I would use them to build something for sure ,,, free lumber is good lumber , ck chit or not

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    If they are not pressure treated then I would not use for a deck ,,, but me being the tight wad that I am ,, I would use them to build something for sure ,,, free lumber is good lumber , ck chit or not
    Any lumber that’s free is good lumber right now with the price of lumber...even the bad lumber is expensive.

8. Member
    THey will rot before you can turn around. You can use to build some out of the weather!

9. Member
    Maybe build another chicken coop, but what do I know?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    Maybe build another chicken coop, but what do I know?
    No way

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Any lumber that’s free is good lumber right now with the price of lumber...even the bad lumber is expensive.
    Waiting till I see how many he actually has and what condition they are in to mention the possible sale for a profit.

12. Banned
    Put the wood out on the road and see if Flo and that Tool come pick it up Evidently He has a 'wood fetish' out of all the things to share..

Use them get some concrete post bases to keep it up off the ground, and give it some under and between the decking lumber, and seal the crap out of it. And it should last with out too many isuues. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Common-7-in...Block/50113084 or do this

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Use lumber from a chicken house to build a deck if it's free? BIL family raises chickens and built new houses last fall he kept every 2󬝭4'. He said he has over 600 and wants me to take a few hundred off his hands. My better half wants a deck behind our new to us home. I'm thinking build the deck with them, pressure clean, and coat in a deck paint their shouldn't be a problem. What you think? I've never messed with chicken poop before don't know if it's a issue or not.
    A 2 x 6 x 16 SYP costs $18.99. I wouldn't use it for a deck, but.....

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    A 2 x 6 x 16 SYP costs $18.99. I wouldn't use it for a deck, but.....
    They are free to me

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Use them get some concrete post bases to keep it up off the ground, and give it some under and between the decking lumber, and seal the crap out of it. And it should last with out too many isuues. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Common-7-in...Block/50113084 or do this
    The man that knows so now I know who to call when I get ready to start.