inline volt meter...

I would like to add a couple inline volt meters so I can monitor voltage on the water. I have added a picture here of something simple that could be attached at the batteries so all I have to do is flip the battery box lid up for a quick reading. I have one 12V crank batt and two trolling batts wired for 24V. I do not have a volt meter at the console dash and would like to do something simpler than running wired and cutting the dash to add a gauge. I know I can add a voltage overlay on my bow or console Lowrance units and alreday have, but the value it displays is after voltage loss from wiring, fuse blocks, etc. I want to see voltage at the batts.

Anyone out there do something similar? If yes, chime in, share pix, where to buy, etc. Thx.
    Attached Images Attached Images

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

2. Member
    You must already have 12 volts at the console, you can connect to that. It doesn't have to be connected directly to the battery.

3. Member
    There are thousands of possibilities.

If you were to install a voltmeter at the dash and at the battery you would be able to see the voltage drop that occurs along the way.

A volt meter can also be used to determine the health of the battery. Monitoring the volt meter while the motor is being cranked (but not started) can act as a load test.

https://www.droking.com/index.php?ro...on=true&page=2

4. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Battery monitor is best to be isolated when connected directly to the battery....if you want accuracy.

Otherwise as you said. console connected voltage you are seeing includes a voltage loss which varies with loads and that can significantly affect the state of charge measurements.

As the volt meter draws almost no current and has insignificant voltage drop , you can typically use small gauge wire to reach the battery.

5. Member
    I started using these on anything that has a 12 volt battery in it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Mon...g/274448574829 works well.