Thread: New 650

New 650

562860E5-AE8C-4076-AFB4-1E3164AA3C0B.jpeg
    New ride..got to get it broken in now. Great buying experience dealing with Steve and Steve at S2 marine, thank you Chris Williams for all your help and thanks to Keith And his crew at Blazer..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Sweet looking boat. Enjoy!

You went from a Ballistic to a Blazer?
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    You went from a Ballistic to a Blazer?
    i believe he did!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

that's a pretty one, congrats on the new rig
    1991 Blazer VLX-150 / 2003 Mercury 150 XR6
    2015 Ranger 521C/ 2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Jim, I have to ask why the switch??

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Member
    IM curious too.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

9. Member
    Sweet looking rig, congrats.

10. Member
    Beautiful Boat!!
    I am also curious about the switch

11. Member
    I think Im starting to hear crickets in this thread!
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

12. Member
    Between work and dying father-n-law, been busy..I have nothing but love for Ballistic. There was NOTHING that I didn't like about the boat. Last fall, had a very unexpected job change so I sold the Ballistic. Right thing to do at the time. I picked Blazer after riding in a 650 .I was very impressed with the boat. The rep, Chris and I are good friends, and my dealer(S2 Marine) and I are good friends. I like doing business with friends, and the 650 is more affordable for me at this time.

So far, I absolutely love the 650. It's fit and finish will never be as good as a Ballistic due the build processes of each, but its damn close IMO. The Ballistic of course is a little faster, but no one has really pushed a 650 yet. I'm going to found out what one will do...flashing the SHO, I'm expecting a mid-uppers 80's boat..with SC, who knows..The ride for both boats are very close. The 650 will turn at any speed unlike anything I've ever been in..it's crazy! I really like the split 25 gallons fuel tanks that are mounted in the very back of the Blazer-when fishing or running by myself, I can fill just the port tank which helps balance the boat lot better. The Ballistic C-zone is awesome..wish Blazer had it, but their manual switches work perfect regardless. Both rear compartments are huge with plently of room to work or place things, but Ballistic gets to nod if I had to pick one. I really like the fact that the Blazer WHOLE front deck is padded. Both boats have way more storeage than a person could ever need..I find myself carrying a bunch of crap that I never use 'just in case". I've spent alot of time in Ballistic to say for sure they are world class boats..I get a feeling I will say the same thing regarding Blazer 650's. I could go on comparing one to the other in the small details, but overall they are both great boats being very similar in lots of ways...I think a Ballistic owner would be right at home in a Blazer and a Blazer owner right at home in the Ballistic...

Both companies offer excellent customer service...Jim Wells and Keith Craft can both be reached by phone to answer questions and help with any problems. Both are very responsive to any problems that might come up. Hope I answered you'll questions..
    Last edited by falconpilot; 04-23-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Sorry to hear about your father in law and hope all goes well with the new job. You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Hope it makes you a great boat and good luck! Like the purple!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

14. Member
    I wish Ballistic had another dealer or mouth piece other than Di(u)ck River..not sure about that dude. Think ballistic would do better with another dealer. I was very much interested in a Ballistic till I spoke with Duck

15. Member
    If Duck isn’t your cup up tea, Chris Chambers is a deal I believe...he is located around Springfield, MO..

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    If Duck isn’t your cup up tea, Chris Chambers is a deal I believe...he is located around Springfield, MO..

Good to know. Do you have contact info for him?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Between work and dying father-n-law, been busy..I have nothing but love for Ballistic. There was NOTHING that I didn't like about the boat. Last fall, had a very unexpected job change so I sold the Ballistic. Right thing to do at the time. I picked Blazer after riding in a 650 .I was very impressed with the boat. The rep, Chris and I are good friends, and my dealer(S2 Marine) and I are good friends. I like doing business with friends, and the 650 is more affordable for me at this time.

So far, I absolutely love the 650. It's fit and finish will never be as good as a Ballistic due the build processes of each, but its damn close IMO. The Ballistic of course is a little faster, but no one has really pushed a 650 yet. I'm going to found out what one will do...flashing the SHO, I'm expecting a mid-uppers 80's boat..with SC, who knows..The ride for both boats are very close. The 650 will turn at any speed unlike anything I've ever been in..it's crazy! I really like the split 25 gallons fuel tanks that are mounted in the very back of the Blazer-when fishing or running by myself, I can fill just the port tank which helps balance the boat lot better. The Ballistic C-zone is awesome..wish Blazer had it, but their manual switches work perfect regardless. Both rear compartments are huge with plently of room to work or place things, but Ballistic gets to nod if I had to pick one. I really like the fact that the Blazer WHOLE front deck is padded. Both boats have way more storeage than a person could ever need..I find myself carrying a bunch of crap that I never use 'just in case". I've spent alot of time in Ballistic to say for sure they are world class boats..I get a feeling I will say the same thing regarding Blazer 650's. I could go on comparing one to the other in the small details, but overall they are both great boats being very similar in lots of ways...I think a Ballistic owner would be right at home in a Blazer and a Blazer owner right at home in the Ballistic...

Both companies offer excellent customer service...Jim Wells and Keith Craft can both be reached by phone to answer questions and help with any problems. Both are very responsive to any problems that might come up. Hope I answered you'll questions..
    Come on Jim!! There’s some Bullet owners out there that are searching high and low for someone to talk bad about Ballistic. Give them what they want and be the first, lol. In all seriousness, glad you’re loving the new Blazer. It’s a sharp ride!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    Good to know. Do you have contact info for him?
    Brian is a good dude. Having said that, you could always just go straight to Ballistic. They’re building about as fast as they can now and still can’t keep up.