Cracked rubber on lower motor mounts 2006 225 pro xs

2007 Triton 20xhp, 2006 225 pro xs
    S#: 1B389296

New to me boat and was doing all the standard maintenance and noticed rubber around both lower motor mounts were cracked. From what I've read I have to pull the power head to fix this issue. Engine feels smooth as ever can't even feel it when it is idling.

1) Is this something I needed to replace yesterday or makes the boat unsafe to operate?

2) I'm getting a port lean when the engine is trimmed down. Folks in the triton forum basically said it is pretty normal for the hull. But was wondering if motor mounts could be the issue?

My striker plates are worn as well. I was thinking that maybe the striker plates... or what is left of them are letting the engine trim further down than normal and causing the leaning.

IMG_1469.jpg

2. Member
    yea needs asap , may affect holeshot lean some mine does same thing with solids in it trim up just touch and flattens out , new mounts wont cure it
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    How do you like the solid mounts?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    He loves them.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Sweet. Given the price differences between the rubber OEMs and aftermarket solids. It seems like the solid mounts are worth a shot.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    He loves them.
    + 1000 more control drivability at high +80 speeds, throttle response too , i only use OEM though ,why you ask cause they FIT ,well worth the $$$$$$$$$ , you will tell a difference
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    + 1000 more control drivability at high +80 speeds, throttle response too , i only use OEM though ,why you ask cause they FIT ,well worth the $$$$$$$$$ , you will tell a difference
    Agree with Joe...I put solid mounts on every motor I put on my boat.