1994 Evinrude Intruder 175hp/Renegade replacement prop...

Just need some advice on a new replacement prop...

Was running a Renegade 13.5 x 25 on a 1994 Evinrude Intruder 175hp. Unfortunately I cannot give a good WOT/RPM currently as I just had motor rebuilt and have to run couple tanks of (25:1) through to break her in and keep in under 4000RPMs...I want to say I was getting 5200-5400 RPMs (4500-5500RPMs recommended) last season at WOT, but there was a leaky head gasket and I'm hoping once I finish this last break-in tank, I may get a little more power/performance. Of course while breaking her in I hit a rock and ruined the renegade enough to replace/possibly repair. An original Renegade replacement is hard to find...I was quoted on the two following props as replacements...

Rx4 Evinrude (15 x 25)

or

Cyclone TBX (14 x 23)

Any advice would be appreciated if you have experience with these motor/prop combinations...or if you have another prop in mind I'd love to hear what you think. I was also thinking I should buy both and use whatever is worse as a back up....

Thanks in advance for your time/help.

2. Member
    Boat is a 1989 Ranger 374v and I was happy with holeshot/speed last season, but it is my first boat and I have nothing to compare it to...thanks!