Thread: No lights!!

No lights!!

Ok, 2004 triton 21x trailer. Here's the situation, I was having light issues, all marker lights and tail/turn/ brake lights would work but no reverse lights. So I replaced the 7 pin connector on my 2013 f150 and replaced the connector that plugs into the truck that the 5 pin trailer wiring plugs into. Turn the lights on everything is working, I have my buddy put my truck in reverse, and every light goes out instantly. I checked truck fuses, trailer ground and looked for bare wires. Any ideas of what the problem is or where to start troubleshooting? TIA!!

2. Member
    I would say your blue wire for your trailer brakes has a bare spot somewhere. I hate electrical problems.

Either the wire is bad to the reverse solenoid or the solenoid itself is a dead short.

4. Member
    Just dealt with trailer wires melting a couple weeks ago on an 07 triton. Figured it was time to replace all the wires, upgrade the remaining incandescent bulbs, and run a dedicated ground wire back to the truck.

When I was taking the old wires out, I found the issue. The back right side of the trailer where the wire makes the 90 degree bend through a small hole had worn completely through the insolation. I'm amazed it didn't short earlier.