Wiring gurus...help

Is there any way to run wires from the stern to bow and not have them in the stbd rod locker? As in up the gunnel?

If like to hide them if possible...if i have to run em in the the locker ill get over it

Tks gents
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

2. Member
    Sure. It's a PITA. You will shed some blood since the glass is rough under the gunwale and it will cut you.

Get some pressure sensitive hooks (cup hooks work well) and stick them to the glass. Hard to get to. Very hard to clean enough to make the hooks stick, but I did it on my 2020 ZX200. It took a couple tries and a transfusion. I ran mine up the port side since it was easier to get to.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Sure. It's a PITA. You will shed some blood since the glass is rough under the gunwale and it will cut you.

Get some pressure sensitive hooks (cup hooks work well) and stick them to the glass. Hard to get to. Very hard to clean enough to make the hooks stick, but I did it on my 2020 ZX200. It took a couple tries and a transfusion. I ran mine up the port side since it was easier to get to.
    I figured lol...i know i bled a lot last time i haf my hands in there
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

4. Member
    Should be a piece of pvc from the bilge to the bow, right down the keel that your trolling motor battery cables are run in. Depending on what you're running, you may be able to use that.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Should be a piece of pvc from the bilge to the bow, right down the keel that your trolling motor battery cables are run in. Depending on what you're running, you may be able to use that.
    Thats not a bad idea...just runnin wire for 360 and helix 10
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

6. Member
    Save yourself the time and hassle and run them in the locker and zip tie them up to keep them out of sight

7. Member
    CAREFUL COLD!
    DON'T run your wiring up the keel with the TM wires. Your asking for trouble.
    Beware of the RFI syndrome that comes with a M360 install. I'd research the install
    methods on others. Some are lucky and have no problems, others suffer for ever with
    RFI they pound their heads into walls to try to get rid off.

8. Member
    What model boat and what year?

9. Member
    PVC tube sounds like a great idea. If I had run one up the port side, I would have lost less blood. You could tape your wires to the lead end of it and use it like a big snake.

Next time, I'll try it that way.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Skeeter View Post
    What model boat and what year?
    2020 zx150
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

11. Member
    There are already places for you to run your wires on both port and starboard sides. Lean inside your rod lockers and lookup under top cap outside edges. Get you a decent fish tape and your good to go.

12. Member
    Agree, mine has pvc conduits along the starboard side, look in right rod locker.