Thread: Livewell

Banned

Livewell

So my boat have two livewells.. One one is the livewells is hard to get to close so it can recirculate. Really it is hard to move either back or front. Any ideas or do I need to replace the cable?

Thanks

2. Member
    Get in there and take cable loose from valve body and see how it moves. Cable or junk in valve. You will know when you feel it.

3. Banned
    Assuming their flow-rite valves replace the valves and the cable their semi cheap better to do it once.

4. Banned
    yes they are flowrite.. Thanks

You can also disconnect it at the selector knob (open/closed). Turned out mine was the knob.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

6. Member
    I had knob problems, and knob actually sheared off. When I investigated the system, everything else operated easily. Replacing the knob fixed my issue. If you take and try and operate each piece of the system alone (knob, cable, valve), you can narrow it down. Also make sure your cable isn't being pinched by a battery or anything.

7. Member
    Flo-rite .com they have all your needs,order valves by arm color,and hose inlet

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Flo-rite .com they have all your needs,order valves by arm color,and hose inlet
    Thanks needed that