Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Is the winch post adjustable? Could it be the winch post too far forward or backwards?

On my old 911 CDC and my Z21 I have the water line about halfway over the fenders, and the motor tilted about to the 1/4 mark. I usually power load the last inch or two. Never had any issues.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    You say you've tried pulling the trailer out more, but perhaps not enough. That's typically a symptom of it being in too deep.

4. Member
    once you lower the DROP you will also notice that the trailer tongue will go on easier and come off the ball easier when taking the trailer off the ball too.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    On my old 911 CDC and my Z21 I have the water line about halfway over the fenders, and the motor tilted about to the 1/4 mark. I usually power load the last inch or two. Never had any issues.

This-!

Its one of the first things I learn about my rigs and use each trip. New fishing friends would get a kick when I'd get them to back'er down to where the tip of the fender is exposed and stop. Hardly ever an issue.

6. Member
    Lots of good information here. I have a drop hitch that lets the trailer set level. I back in to where the fenders are about a inch out of water. I trim the boat (Nitro) half way up and power load in on. The trim half way up allows the front to raise up into the cradle. Hope this helps.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

7. Member
    I kind of have the same problem with my Crestliner XF-189 bass boat. In a deep launch situation, the bow is way lower than the bow roller. I have decided to try two things to correct this. #1 is I bought a 2 speed winch. When I crank the boat up with the original 1 speed winch that came with the trailer, it is a total chore just trying to pull the boat up even the last 12 inches. When the cranking gets tough, I will switch to the other gear on the new 2 speed winch and more easily crank it the rest of the way to the bow. #2 is I will be spraying liquid rollers on the bunks to make it slide easy. With the combination of these two improvements I should be good to go at a deep launch. Usually, I have to back the trailer way in to pull the bow of the boat up towards the bow roller, then, I have to hop in the truck and pull forward until the stearn is no longer floating and is seated on the bunks for the bow of the boat to be above the bow roller. Then, I get out and crank it up the rest of the way, huffin and puffin to do so. With the new 2 speed winch and the liquid rollers sprayed on the bunks, I figure that all I will have to do is back in so the end of the bunks are just below the water line so the boat is not floating, and then start cranking all the way up. With the combination of the 2 speed winch and the liquid rollers on the bunks, I'm hoping it will be a quick and easy stow situation. I won't be able to test this out for another week or so, but when I do, I will come back here and report on the results.
    Last edited by BRUKSHOT; 04-21-2021 at 06:29 PM. Reason: additional information
    2017 Crestliner Commander 1850, Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    2021 Crestliner XF 189, Mercury 115 4 Stroke

8. Member
    be careful too to keep the boat front strap still hooked up in case the boat wants to slip off the trailer while backing down a steep ramp. you dont want that boat sitting on concrete. I had the same issue till I got a 5 1/4 inch drop reciever which lowered my tongue down 5 1/4 inches now my trailer is more level to the ground. make sure your trailer is riding level if its too high or too low this is not good and it must be level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12