Mike Lamb

Carolina King Retreat & Marina Santee Cooper lake

Not sure if this is allowed or not. But it was something that I thought needed to be shared.

Our club and many others that was staying at Carolina King Retreat & Marina

had the worst experience at this location. The man that owns the place can not be anymore of a walking TOOL. It was not just the club or tournament fisherman that was having issues with him. From nothing saying you cant park while fishing to when you check out and happen to be out on the water. Putting tickets on trucks and telling everyone dont come back. I dont need your business. IMO this place is set up great for clubs to stay and enjoy the weekend. But he has made it where we will never stay again. Just want to let all know.

Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

2. Member
    Yes I read reviews of the place. Everyone says the same

The owner apparently doesnt appreciate the revenue that bass clubs renting his cabins brings in. He wanted to argue with our club president at check in over parking stickers. Friday morning when I put my boat in he was raising hell saying I was doing it wrong and taking too long (ill put my time against anyone)... I parked in a trailer spot close to the ramp only to come back in the afternoon with a yellow paper saying I got a $10 fine for not paying to launch... free parking is at the cabin. I never saw that stated anywhere. Friday night we went to dinner and another one of our guys just arrived a few minutes after we went to town and the guy immediatly went and gave him hell for not having a parking sticker and threatening to have him towed. Sunday morning we vacated the cabin well before the 10am checkout to start day 2 of our tournament. We launched our boats and parked close to the cabin but far enough away the next renters wouldnt have any issue if they were to arrive before our weigh in, the bass club in the unit next to us did the same and apparently had the second day of their tournament cut short too. 11am I get a text from the club president saying the guy called and told us we needed to get our vehicles off the property. Everyone had atleast one story of witnessing this dude being an ******* to somebody. I saw him yelling at some kids, someone else saw him arguing with a lady, and he told one guy the ramp fee would be double if he put in before sunrise, that was like 5 minutes before official sunrise.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

4. Banned
    That is a shame we have people here on this earth that act and do like him. They had one similar in our county several years back and one day when he woke up there was nothing but ashes left and his whole personality changed.

5. Member
    A shame but no surprise. It’s now a badge of honor to be a total douchebag for a lot of folks. I imagine he’s here in the lounge
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

6. Member
    I spent a week there in early March and while the cabins are somewhat nice, the owner is everthing that has been said about him. He took issue with everything we did. Launching, parking, reloading, draining the bilge, you can just about name it. While I didn't consider his speach yelling, he was unnecessarilyupset everytime he spoke to us.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

7. Member
    Mr. Bell has been there a long time, country "Blue-Blood" so to speak. I stayed there once, thought he was a bit of a D-bag myself, but nothing major. Anyway, check out what the local folks think of him and the stories line up. From harassing notes and phone calls to full on racial slurs to patrons, he is a self proclaimed "Honey Badger"! I heard he got his "clock" cleaned last year for berating a couple of guys putting in before paying for parking, likely not the first or last time. Shame is, it is a really nice place.

8. Banned
    Can not believe he is still in bussiness with all the mess talked about him. But then again, it lines up with everything else.

9. Member
    Recently launched here. I have stayed there in the past. He is a tool! However, location location location. Anyways, Latest news there now is he will require a yearly membership fee on top of the launch fee of $10.00. Not surprising , I am just wondering why a member ship as apposed to just increasing the launch fee? Control who he allows to be a member maybe?

$10 ticket....LOL. Good luck with that!
    USMC Vet!