Mike Lamb

Carolina King Retreat & Marina Santee Cooper lake

Not sure if this is allowed or not. But it was something that I thought needed to be shared.

Our club and many others that was staying at Carolina King Retreat & Marina

had the worst experience at this location. The man that owns the place can not be anymore of a walking TOOL. It was not just the club or tournament fisherman that was having issues with him. From nothing saying you cant park while fishing to when you check out and happen to be out on the water. Putting tickets on trucks and telling everyone dont come back. I dont need your business. IMO this place is set up great for clubs to stay and enjoy the weekend. But he has made it where we will never stay again. Just want to let all know.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

2. Member
    I also had problems with him back in March. We have stayed there the last 9 years without out a problem until this year. We will never stay there again. Someone needs to open up Jack's Creek Landing again.

3. Member
    The owner had an issue with me also. I would not put his red sticker on my windshield. He told me not to come back......

4. Mike Lamb
    It is a shame. That place is great set up. I am sure that place has to deal with some people that are jerks and rude. I think they was just trying to make money on parking tickets and more.
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC

The owner apparently doesnt appreciate the revenue that bass clubs renting his cabins brings in. He wanted to argue with our club president at check in over parking stickers. Friday morning when I put my boat in he was raising hell saying I was doing it wrong and taking too long (ill put my time against anyone)... I parked in a trailer spot close to the ramp only to come back in the afternoon with a yellow paper saying I got a $10 fine for not paying to launch... free parking is at the cabin. I never saw that stated anywhere. Friday night we went to dinner and another one of our guys just arrived a few minutes after we went to town and the guy immediatly went and gave him hell for not having a parking sticker and threatening to have him towed. Sunday morning we vacated the cabin well before the 10am checkout to start day 2 of our tournament. We launched our boats and parked close to the cabin but far enough away the next renters wouldnt have any issue if they were to arrive before our weigh in, the bass club in the unit next to us did the same and apparently had the second day of their tournament cut short too. 11am I get a text from the club president saying the guy called and told us we needed to get our vehicles off the property. Everyone had atleast one story of witnessing this dude being an ******* to somebody. I saw him yelling at some kids, someone else saw him arguing with a lady, and he told one guy the ramp fee would be double if he put in before sunrise, that was like 5 minutes before official sunrise.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

6. Member
    This is a normal with that guy if only you guys could see some of the Facebook post from us local area guys!

Yep, the owner doesn't care for duck hunters either. When Jacks shut down all the traffic moved over to Carolina Kings and it was issue after issue! Not even sure he allows duck hunters to launch there anymore now!

8. Mike Lamb
    I am shocked that he is still in business. It is a shame. great little set up.
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC

9. Member
    Yes sir. I live here and won't use his place. Just a pure yankee. Most everyone I know goes elsewhere. Guy is sitting on a gold mine, and sure he does well, just won't get a dime from me.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

10. Member
    That place was great when it was Billups Landing. I agree that someone needs to reopen Jack's Creek landing. A little competition might changes things.

Any updates on these folks? Anything change?
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    Any updates on these folks? Anything change?
    Stay away!

13. Member
    Just was told some young kids got caught in the weather today duck hunting and he charged $10 to get there boat out of water.