Few questions about new Pro Xs 225

This is probably a dumb question, but will an old gray torque master gear case fit on a new pro xs four stroke 225 ( 2B738585 )? I wanted to ask before I put the old gear case up for sale. I also have another weird question, is it common to have 14+ hrs already on supposedly NEW engine. Just seems a little much. I could see 2-5, but not 14. Is there anywhere on the engine that will tell you what year it is? I was told I bought a 2021 mercury 225 pro Xs. Now im wondering if that what i really got.

Mercury doesn't use "years". Don or Joe will be able to tell you when your motor was made from your serial number. 14 hours seems a little high for a brand new motor, unless it was on a demo boat.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

3. Member
    possibly certified pre owned
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e2jigs View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but will an old gray torque master gear case fit on a new pro xs four stroke 225 ( 2B738585 )?
    Old case from a 2-stroke - NO.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Old case from a 2-stroke - NO.
    Ok Thank You!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Mercury doesn't use "years". Don or Joe will be able to tell you when your motor was made from your serial number. 14 hours seems a little high for a brand new motor, unless it was on a demo boat.
    Yeah thats what i was thinking, I guess it doesn't matter as long as the platinum warranty i paid extra for is actually active. It there a way to check to see what kind of warranty an engine has? The lady at the marina said she filled out the warranty card and sent it to mercury, and that they would be in contact with me either though the mail or email. I was wondering if the seemed right?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely totally different gearcases.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Definitely totally different gearcases.
    Ok yeah I assumed, but i would have really kicked myself if i sold it but could have used it as a spare. I love the idea of having a spare!