Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I didn’t see any “shallow” jerk bait advice above but I typically have 3 jerk baits rods on deck with different brands, colors, and diving depths.

2. Member
    A couple friends of mine went a couple years ago and said shallow jerkbaits. I did not ask about deep jerkbaits to my friend. I may have just assumed only shallow jerkbaits.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    If you’re in 12’ of water throwing a shallow jerkbait for smallies, they’ll chase it down without hesitation. Smallies are pretty agressive unlike largemouth where if it’s not in their face at the right depth they won’t even consider it
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    If you’re in 12’ of water throwing a shallow jerkbait for smallies, they’ll chase it down without hesitation. Smallies are pretty agressive unlike largemouth where if it’s not in their face at the right depth they won’t even consider it
    10-4 gotcha
    Thx
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Member
    If you want smallies head north towards the inland sea or head for Windmill Point by Alburgh and Rouses Point

6. Member
    Most of the guys I know who go uk there crank for them

7. Member
    Ok guys leave in a couple days. Any last minute ideas? Is the water temp good?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Ok guys leave in a couple days. Any last minute ideas? Is the water temp good?
    bout 52 to 54 in TI.. your going to be 45 to 48 range up north, its champlain cant really go wrong

9. Banned
    Bring warm clothing/ all clothing. Never know

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    its champlain cant really go wrong
    it can...hahah
    My first trip there was an impulse decision. Got home from work Late September on a Thursday, threw some clothes in the truck and drove all night arriving at the ramp at daylight. I had 2 days to fish and then the 12 hr drive back home. Wind blew around 20 the first day. I wished I had a cigarette boat with a Trolling motor on it after that day.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    it can...hahah
    My first trip there was an impulse decision. Got home from work Late September on a Thursday, threw some clothes in the truck and drove all night arriving at the ramp at daylight. I had 2 days to fish and then the 12 hr drive back home. Wind blew around 20 the first day. I wished I had a cigarette boat with a Trolling motor on it after that day.
    i was speaking from the amount of fish persepective , but yes its a big pond lol wind on champlain is not your friend, it can get unfishable.. let me rephrase (unsafe)

12. Member
    Fishing has been a little slow but still managing 20 or so a day. Lake has been slick for 3 days unbelievable.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

13. Moderator
    If windy just find a ramp out of the wind and fish. Once you find the smallies you'll be good for a while.

14. Member
    Be careful wishing for some wind.... try going further North if you want to find smallmouth. A few places above North Hero to launch and hit top end of inland sea

15. Member
    Fishing was dynamite yesterday in St. Albans and missiquoi the day prior. We struggled on the main lake looking for giant smalllies on jerkbaits 3 days ago. We only caught 3 but they were each over 4lbs. Main lake was 52. The bays are from 62-68.

Just got back....I would say we averaged about 25 smallies per day, a few 4lbrs but I wasn't able to get the 5. Water was too warm, I think many may have been post spawn. Best part of the trip was the evening top water smallie bite. Bring on the 2022 trip....#smalliesareeverywhere
    Boatless

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Just got back....I would say we averaged about 25 smallies per day, a few 4lbrs but I wasn't able to get the 5. Water was too warm, I think many may have been post spawn. Best part of the trip was the evening top water smallie bite. Bring on the 2022 trip....#smalliesareeverywhere
    nothing better then smallies on top!

18. Member
    What were your best Performing baits . Headed to platts this Friday for two days. Will have a report to follow. Never been there this time of year

19. Member
    Ned rig and wacky worm. Then swim jig and jackhammer for the largies.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

20. Member
    I'm headed up Second week in June, going out of Plattsburgh. Was hoping it would be peak SM spawn, but sounds like it might not be.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast