Battery Switch - How to Use?

Hey all. I've got a dumb question for you. I recently purchased a new to me bass boat (2018 Nitro Z20) with a 36 volt Ultrex. I want to make sure I understand how to use the battery switch before I take it out for the first time. The battery switch in my boat has 4 settings (OFF / 1 / 1&2 / 2). I assume setting 1 is associated with the cranking battery and 2 is associated with the 3 deep cycle batteries. My understanding is that this switch needs to be in the OFF position when plugged in and charging off the water.

When starting the motor, what setting should I be in? When the engine is off and I am running my trolling motor, what setting do I need to be in? In what scenarios should I be in the "1&2" position?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MN_Husker; 04-11-2021 at 07:21 PM.
    2018 Nitro Z20 - Mercury 250 ProXS
    Minnkota Ultrex
    Humminbird G3N Helix 12 (Console) & Helix 10 (Bow)
    8ft PowerPole Blades

2. Member
    Great questions. I do not have one yet.Hopefully someone will answer you

3. Member
    I think this is what you are referring to...

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/battery-switch-basics

Hope this helps!
    Jan-Erik
    2000 Ranger 520DVS, Mercury Optimax 225HP

4. Member
    MN husher,
    I am sure you have the instruction manual to it, and if you don't I am sure you can download 1. It will guide you on its proper use, on and off the water whether under operation or charging mode.
    BTW, base on what you wrote, if you are out fishing, run it in 1&2 ( All), so you don't have to keep switching over ever time you move from one spot to the other, unless it is draining your starting battery to the point that you could be left stranded on the water.
    Be safe and be well