Night fishing with LIVESCOPE???

Has anybody done this yet or even yet... can it be done??

The season of night fishing for stripers and "brushpile" fishing will be coming up soon for me and I'm just trying to get info on this before i cones and go's?

2. Member
    It's not a camera.... Works exact same in the day as it does night.

3. Member
    Yeah it works.... I missed the alewife spawn last year but one of my buddies went and he said it worked well for him.

I used perspective mode this winter when chasing the birds and it was crazy how many fish I could see. There are a lot more fish underwater than the ones you see busting shad on the surface.

4. Member
    I did this on Lake Ouachita last summer with a PS-22TR. By "night fishing" I'm assuming you mean with lights. We had 4 submerged LEDs around the boat. The problem is in a couple hours the baitfish get so thick, you can't see anything but a huge snowstorm on the top part of the screen. I've wondered if I made a longer pole to get the ducer down around 5-7 feet would it be better.

Maybe it would be different with the LVS32, but there was SO MANY SHAD.....

I e fished at night with it, no big deal.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Not with lights... just using the livescope to see whats near you while topwater fishing for bass or stripers... also using it for brushpile fishing in deep waters!!
    Thanks for all the info to who responds

7. Member
    Night fishing with Livescope at night is the cats meow. Fished last night and slayed the crappie under the light. It used to be hit and miss before Livescope. I used to move too often before LS. It amazes me how often they will just sit there and chill, hang around and not eat and suddenly start to chew. Sometimes the bottom fish chew and the upper ones don’t and vice-versa. I always thought they came through in “waves” and/or changed depths. If I didn’t get bit for a while, I moved. Now I just wait for them to eat again. Livescope has crushed a lot of what now are myths to me. Crappie don’t sit/ feed at the edge of the light. 2 weeks ago under a full moon they did. Last night, every fish was directly under the light. No bait fish/ no crappie. Myth. Zero Shad or silversides under the light on the last 2 trips but crappie were stacked under it. 1/2 Myth. Set up on the structure /bait balls you find the crappie on during the day. True most of the time but not the last 3 trips. Zero fish on or near the structure at night right now and the bait is MIA (hiding from the Commarants).

Livescope is just a tool in the war chest. It has completely changed my game when fishing at night. There is so much to learn about patterns and seasonal movements of fish with Livescope whether it be day OR night. Lure placement/ presentation doesn’t top my list of useful aspects of LS. Give Livescope a try at night. You may be pleasantly surprised.........
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    It works the same as day
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 04-12-2021 at 05:38 AM.

9. Member
    Night fishing with Livescope at night is the cats meow.
    I read this title and had a similar thought...how fun!

Can't wait for the nightbite to start then!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtatua View Post
    I did this on Lake Ouachita last summer with a PS-22TR. By "night fishing" I'm assuming you mean with lights. We had 4 submerged LEDs around the boat. The problem is in a couple hours the baitfish get so thick, you can't see anything but a huge snowstorm on the top part of the screen. I've wondered if I made a longer pole to get the ducer down around 5-7 feet would it be better.

Maybe it would be different with the LVS32, but there was SO MANY SHAD.....
    Couldn't you just click the transducer a click or 2 forward, and lose most of the water column near the surface?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jessemyers View Post
    Couldn't you just click the transducer a click or 2 forward, and lose most of the water column near the surface?
    Unfortunately the transducer doesn’t work that way. The bait and plankton are pretty easy to deal with using various adjustments. I can tune a lot out but I prefer to see the some of the bait. You can tell when they’re back on the chew by watching the bait.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry