How to get out large hole pvs plugs and

How to remove large hole pvs plugs and insert new plugs? There has to be a trick to this. I kinda boogered up a couple getting them out and boogered up one trying to get it in. And could not get it in at all
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I normally push them through all the way instead of trying to back them out. They can get boogered up sometimes. I just use solid ones. They can be drilled out for different venting options.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Ok so I was able to slap the used large holes back into the pvs, but I was not able to get any plugs into the prop. I see the sticky at the top and those plugs have a slot in them like the large holes, my plugs from mercury do not have this slot just a full ring with barb. Did my local incompetent shop sell me the wrong thing? Can / should I cut a slot in them?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Ok so I was able to slap the used large holes back into the pvs, but I was not able to get any plugs into the prop. I see the sticky at the top and those plugs have a slot in them like the large holes, my plugs from mercury do not have this slot just a full ring with barb. Did my local incompetent shop sell me the wrong thing? Can / should I cut a slot in them?
    Not sure about the plugs you got, but warming it up with a heat gun can make them a little easier to maneuver into the prop holes. Otherwise, I found PVS plugs on amazon... https://www.amazon.com/Mercury-Mercr..._bap_d_rp_21_t

5. Member
    Getting out. It is easier pushing in than taking out and not much you get to about messing them up. Putting them in - I have found for me what works best is a rubber mallet. place plug where it is about 1/2 in with your fingers and what little perfect pop with the robber mallet and they are in perfect every time.

6. Member
    Here's a secret someone on here told me.

The cheap one dollar, metal, paint can opener.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

Apparently putting the plugs in a hot hot cup of water or even coffee for a minute and then install them.