Green valley 4-10-21 report.

Drove in the rain down there early and got on the water 7:00am. Water temp 55-57* never could find a good bite. Got few on a rock pile all 14” got one on a sq-bill 15” I tried my best but really struggled... the wild and the rain mid morning didn’t help but I was on the water and thats always good. There’s always next Saturday:-) Dirt track racing season starts Saturday as well so I’m going to get busy really fast! Need to get the camper ready soon as well. I need a little more time in the day or just sleep less..

They tend to eat a swimbait pretty well right about now on that lake.

3. Member
    I should have tried one I had one tied on but never got that rod out. Next time hopefully soon I’ll go back down there.... so how did the move do? Have you had a chance to go fishing in your new state Steve?

4. Member
    This weathers getting crazy!

I'm thinking it's going get tough

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I should have tried one I had one tied on but never got that rod out. Next time hopefully soon I’ll go back down there.... so how did the move do? Have you had a chance to go fishing in your new state Steve?
    The move went ok but I sincerely hate moving. Never want to do it again. As for the fishing, I’ve been out twice. The first time I took the boat to a lake that everyone recommended. I didn’t get a bite! The second time was just a few days ago and I went to the base lake. On that trip, I caught a big one for my first bass in this state.

6. Member
    Hey that was a good video!! That 5lb sure makes a guy feel good:-) hopefully you can make some boat fishing video soon. Do you plan on doing any tournaments this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Hey that was a good video!! That 5lb sure makes a guy feel good:-) hopefully you can make some boat fishing video soon. Do you plan on doing any tournaments this year?
    The only tournament I have planned is in November but that’s too far out to say for sure.

As for videos in the boat, I really just need to have some time to figure out some lakes. None of the lakes are particularly close. I’m looking at a minimum of 1.5 hours to a lake. And even then, I don’t think that the best one would compare to most of what I left in NE/IA. Basically, I think I’m going to have to adjust my standards as to what a “good” lake is.