Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I just back mine in until the tires just hit the concrete garage floor. I have about 1.5" room on either side of the tires so I hand push it back into the garage.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    I use a combination of the methods previously mentioned. I also have to back in at a certain angle since I live on a cul de sac and my garage is angled some. I have all my lawn equipment against the side wall of my garage so I can’t see it when I’m backing in. My wife always had to “be my eyes” on the side by my equipment. About 5 years ago, I ran a strip of “neon” colored duct from the back of my garage all the way to my garage door. Now, all I have to do is line my tires up as I’m backing in and make sure that the “outside” of my tire just “touches” the inside of the tape all the way down till it hits my chocks. I can see the tape the whole time I’m backing in. I use the big rubber chocks from Harborfreight and they don’t move. I also drew the outline of my chock with a construction crayon on the floor. I did that because I always take my chocks with me on trips and that lets me put it back in the exact same spot every time. The duct tape has stuck to the floor very well and is still in great condition. The “neon” color also has better visibility when it’s dark. Now I can back in easily by myself without worrying about hitting any of my lawn equipment.
    Curious what color tape did you use?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Curious what color tape did you use?
    I'm not sure what you call the color but here are a couple of photos. I figured that color would show up better when it is dark. It has worked great for about 5 years. I no longer need a second set of eyes when backing in the trailer. The chock stops the trailer at the perfect spot and I put the other chock in front to keep it from rolling forward. Like I said before, I drew an outline of the rear chock so I can always put it back in the same spot. I do, however, have to move my riding lawnmower when I pull the boat out or put it back in. I can leave all my other lawn equipment along the wall without worrying about hitting anything. I have maybe a foot between my lawn equipment and the trailer tires. That doesn't leave much room for error but I haven't had an issue so far.

IMG_3466.JPG IMG_3467.JPG
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    I'm not sure what you call the color but here are a couple of photos. I figured that color would show up better when it is dark. It has worked great for about 5 years. I no longer need a second set of eyes when backing in the trailer. The chock stops the trailer at the perfect spot and I put the other chock in front to keep it from rolling forward. Like I said before, I drew an outline of the rear chock so I can always put it back in the same spot. I do, however, have to move my riding lawnmower when I pull the boat out or put it back in. I can leave all my other lawn equipment along the wall without worrying about hitting anything. I have maybe a foot between my lawn equipment and the trailer tires. That doesn't leave much room for error but I haven't had an issue so far.

IMG_3466.JPG IMG_3467.JPG
    Mike, thanks so much for the pic, I am definitely going to go that route. Even though I have to go at an angle and push the last 5 or 6 feet, that will make getting lined up backing in so much easier.

5. Member
    Put a trailer hitch on the front of your truck. I had to park my 23' deep vee in a very narrow uphill driveway an inch from a wall. If you can see everything it's easy.

6. Member
    I concrete anchored a 2x4 to the floor that the back tires hit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12